Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Print List

So this is probably a stupid question, but can I print off a list of books through Calibre? Like, for example, can I do a search for all my mom's Diana Palmer books in Calibre, sort by series, then print off what Calibre lists?
Thanks for the help. Love the program!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Use the catalog feature to create a CSV file with the desired fields, open in excel, print.
G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I've had good luck pasting the CSV file as a table in Word. I find Word easier to work with than Excel for this. Just make sure the columns you are going to put in the CSV file have already been sorted since you won't be able to once you paste it in Word (you can resort in Excel).
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Thanks!

You guys are so smart, I knew you would have the answer!
Thanks much!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Just make sure the columns you are going to put in the CSV file have already been sorted since you won't be able to once you paste it in Word (you can resort in Excel).
... and that is one of the reasons people invented spreadsheet programs in the first place (I'm not criticizing, but I have to confess that my inner geek just died a little thinking about editing tabular data in a word processor.)

EDIT: This is totally off topic. It's late. I should be in bed. Don't mind me.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
... and that is one of the reasons people invented spreadsheet programs in the first place (I'm not criticizing, but I have to confess that my inner geek just died a little thinking about editing tabular data in a word processor.)

EDIT: This is totally off topic. It's late. I should be in bed. Don't mind me.
Heck, I didn't even mind my Mama.

As I said, Word happened to be easier for me for this. If I do my sorts in calibre first, then create the CSV file, all I have to do is paste it as a table into page 2 of a preformatted Word template I have set the font size in, set margins to almost zero, and presized the pages to the same size as my JetBook Lite screen. I could hide the cell lines but I find it easier to read if I leave them in. I make a simple Table of Contents on page 1 to show which page each letter starts on so I can jump to that page instead of scrolling through the whole thing, then I create a PDF of the doc with Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard (accessed from within Word 2007) and put it on my JBL. I would have to go through almost twice as many steps to do the same in Excel. This works for me only because I don't have to do any editing once it's pasted in Word.

My inner geek is a lazy old bitch (as am I).
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote