Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2014, 04:51 AM   #16
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Again, no. Just because it was an isolated incident doesn't mean it's wrong. It simply means I had the bad luck to get a finicky device.
I've had some cables with the H2O allow the H2O to think it was connected to the PC but not actually show up on the PC, so some cables are a bit dodgy with it, pretty certainly due to the space restrictions more than anything else though, yep.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:17 AM   #17
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Yup, micro usb allows devices using it to be thinner, which appeals to mobile phone makers and consequentially to the general market. I was quite surprised when I noticed a mini usb port on my former Onyx Boox i62, though.
One other consideration is that Mini USB (original) was specified for 1k insertions, 5k for the improved design, whereas Micro USB is specified for 10k. Also, the wear is concentrated on the cable with Micro USB, as opposed to the device receptable. C.f. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Durability
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:32 AM   #18
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is it just be who's not quite convinced how sturdy the micro usb on the H2O looks? mine looks like the hole in the plastic it comes through is too big and seems to be at a bit of an angle.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:34 AM   #19
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
The thread title is wrong.

I've raised this for the mods.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:04 AM   #20
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm guessing the reviewer mistakenly said the wrong one. miniUSB's have pretty much gone the way of the dodo bird.
No, I did not.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #21
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
No, I did not.
I thought there was another (external) reviewer involved here. I'm sorry.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sorry for botching up this thread and getting it a bit incorrect.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The thread title is wrong.

I've raised this for the mods.
I have as well.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Here is a review for the H2O that does specifically mention mini USB.

http://www.techrevu.com/php/Review-id.php?id=6216
Old 12-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #25
simond
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here is a review for the H2O that does specifically mention mini USB.

http://www.techrevu.com/php/Review-id.php?id=6216
Yep, and he provides a picture showing it has micro usb, nice fact checking

Not to mention the mini/micro SD slot mention too, I think he just gets confused between micro and mini TBH
Old 12-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #26
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Okay. The H2O doesn't have a non-standard USB connector after all? That makes the device more attractive. I'd heard that Nate doesn't like Kobo J/K, though I have heard it.
Well, I don't like Kobo. I also don't like Amazon, Bookeen, or B&N, and I absolutely loathe Pocketbook (I have a good reason for this last one).

But that doesn't mean my feelings affect my reviews.

Last edited by Nate the great; 12-03-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote