Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
nanole
nanole began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600 Kindle1
Unhappy Unable to tranfer to SD card

Hi I am new to this. I just got a Sony PRS600 and this a.m. when I plugged it in all the books on the SD card were gone and the emblem for the card no longer comes up in calibre. I have tried a new card and it is still the same. I have updated to .7.4 Any suggestions would be appreciated.
nanole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

Could the Sony library software be messing it up? When I first started using Calibre I had a couple issues with the Sony library and sync function.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 04:04 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hello and welcome to mobileread ....

You should find an answer in the Sony forum
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello Nanole and welcome to MobileRead!

You may get more replies to your specific problem in the Sony forum here at MobileRead.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #5
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	4204.png
Views:	246
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	53998 to the forum, nanole.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #7
nanole

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

Could the Sony library software be messing it up? When I first started using Calibre I had a couple issues with the Sony library and sync function.
Thanks. I have a lot of books in my Sony Library that I have not Put into my reader as yet Slowly I am manually putting them into calibre which I really like but without the SD card it wiill fill up quickly.Would it be condusive to put these books on a flashdrive and get rid of my library software?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #8
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
To be honest with you once I removed the Sony software my problems went away.

I would stick with calibre and uninstall the sony software.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
nanole

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
To be honest with you once I removed the Sony software my problems went away.

I would stick with calibre and uninstall the sony software.
Thanks again I did as you suggested and copied all my books to CD's and then deleted the Sony Library. It seems to be working great now. My next question is if there is a way to add metadata to ebooks. If the book is available in hardcopy ,there is no problem but if it is only in ebook format even if I put in the ISBN # calibre states not able to be found. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks again
Old 06-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #10
nanole

Well it seems like I spoke too soon.All my books went to the SD card however the Reader is not recognizing any books on the card. Any suggestions?