Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 08:09 AM   #16
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
A little info here: The 602 will feature a matte screen and a better ergonomy. The 603 will have a wacom screen and 3G.

There will be no 501, but there'll be a 502 because there will be some internal changes.

What ????? Hold on there : "a better ergonomy" ? Because if that is really the case, and if the difference with the 302 is not just another screen, but also another kind of functionality, then I would feel really scr..ed for getting the 302 when there is a complete new version coming 2 months later.....

Could we get more details on the better ergonomy thingy please ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #17
Lovecraft
Lovecraft began at the beginning.

Device: :o)
That's exactly why I'm waiting now - I was essentially set on choosing the 302, but after reading the information, I'd rather see what the 602 is like. (Unless its price is twice that of the 302...!)
Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #18
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecraft View Post
That's exactly why I'm waiting now - I was essentially set on choosing the 302, but after reading the information, I'd rather see what the 602 is like. (Unless its price is twice that of the 302...!)
Well, it's mostly cosmetical. Price will be the same.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #19
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well, it's mostly cosmetical. Price will be the same.
So you sell the PB 302 to... well, a good amount of people, with a glare screen which seems to be troublesome (from the reviews I've read, I've watched some videos but I know those are deceiving), and just 2 or 3 months later you release a glare corrected version already, with enhanced ergonomy? And at the same price?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #20
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
So you sell the PB 302 to... well, a good amount of people, with a glare screen which seems to be troublesome (from the reviews I've read, I've watched some videos but I know those are deceiving), and just 2 or 3 months later you release a glare corrected version already, with enhanced ergonomy? And at the same price?
Exactly what I am wondering......
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #21
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Exactly what I am wondering......
Do not be disappointed to get 302 instead of 602. They will have same hardware excepting screen. The exchange screen (if you like them) will transform your 302 to 602. Actually, the appearance of body of 302 and 602, features and software will be the same.

There are a lot of customers, who likes the current screen of 302 as is.

Last edited by PocketGoods; 03-16-2010 at 11:34 AM.
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #22
zilyal
Connoisseur
zilyal began at the beginning.

Device: PB 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
Do not be disappointed to get 302 instead of 602. They will have same hardware excepting screen. The exchange screen (if you like them) will transform your 302 to 602. Actually, the appearance of body of 302 and 602, features and software will be the same.
Thanks for the clarification, Pocketgoods, so nothing new, really, the "better ergonomics" refer exclusively to the matte screen? I was beginning to wonder, too...
zilyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilyal View Post
Thanks for the clarification, Pocketgoods, so nothing new, really, the "better ergonomics" refer exclusively to the matte screen? I was beginning to wonder, too...
From what we've just read it is said matte screen AND better ergonomy. I heard some complaints about tough-to-click buttons, so maybe they'll fix that too while they're in the making. However...
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:50 AM   #24
walter822
happy reader
walter822 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, IrexDR800S, Pocketbook IQ/701
Pocketbook 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratzzo View Post
Hello,

I think, the PB 602 will be the same as the PB 302 but with a dazzle-free display.
And the PB 603 is the same like the PB 302 but it will get a wacom-display (stylus-touch-only) and 3G.

Bratzzo
Do you know perhaps when this PB 603 with wacom-display will be on the market in DE or in the Pocketgoods.de?

walter822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:34 AM   #25
AmonRaa
AmonRaa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter822 View Post
Do you know perhaps when this PB 603 with wacom-display will be on the market in DE or in the Pocketgoods.de?

Yeah, i'd like to know that too.
AmonRaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #26
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter822 View Post

I can't do promises, but there are some rumors from PB head office, that the 603 should be available in may 2010.

In this interview go to the 12:12 - the boss of PB is speaking about when and how much..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_aaP...layer_embedded

Last edited by PocketGoods; 03-18-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #27
Lovecraft
Lovecraft began at the beginning.

Device: :o)
And you'll have the 602s in April?
Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #28
PocketGoods
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post

There are a lot of customers, who likes the current screen of 302 as is.
UPD:

According to information from the PB head office today there will be some differences on new PB602 in comparison to PB302 though. And they make it not necessary better. Just different. Based on that what I heard, I'd prefer to get PB302. The buttons on the left side will disappear, the battery will be weaker (1000 mAh only) ..hmm .. I hope they will not do it so. There is not a lot time for experiments now. What possibly will be improved - the big button on the bottom. It should act now as a kind of joystick (like PB301 or PB603)

The PB302 with the matt touch screen will keep his name as PB302.

But again - please take that information not to serious, rather than a sort of rumours.. It is not the final decision yet.

Last edited by PocketGoods; 03-26-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:33 AM   #29
walter822
happy reader
walter822 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, IrexDR800S, Pocketbook IQ/701
I also hope it's not the final decision... And with 1000mAh only!
Do you heard any new rumours about 603 with Wacom display? I shall wait till this 603 appears and I see your impression, folks, on the forum before bying Pocketbook myself. Now we have enough e-readers on the market to choose from...

W
walter822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #30
valcho
Enthusiast
valcho is on a distinguished road

Device: JetBook Lite
In the interview, PocketBook's boss mentioned that 60x series will use Freescale processors instead of Samsung. Also currently PB 302 is with 64MB RAM, we don't know anything about PB 60x but for example Boox 60/Bebook Neo, which are with Freescale CPU have 128 MB RAM. So maybe PB 602 is not just a PB 302 with some cosmetic changes ...

Last edited by valcho; 03-27-2010 at 02:09 PM.
valcho is offline   Reply With Quote