Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Kindle Short Story Pricing Going Wacky

Yesterday I was browsing the Kindle store - in the SciFi section - and noticed that a lot of short stories had been added (P. Dick, M. Leinster, etc.) - all listed as published by Amazon Digital Services. They were priced at .99 each. OK - my first reaction was that the number of available Kindle books is being skewed by the inclusion of short stories.

Then today I happened to go back - and all the short stories are now priced at $3.44 each! WTF??
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Typical price glitch increase when Amazon decides you are not in the US (which it does by IP address).

Just try again (or set your location code to US in the Kindle store) and you should be back to the normally inflated short story prices.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
But I am in the US - never left it - never changed my IP address or Kindle location. Even using the same PC.

Hmmm ... maybe I inadvertantly passed through a black hole - I just checked back (on the same PC) and the pricing is back to .99. If this happens again I'll try buying a book I know is restricted to Europe. Weird!

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 12-17-2009 at 04:07 PM.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Sorry Amazon I am not paying that much for a short story, given that you can get anthologies of short stories for $9.99!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote