Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
no Barnes&Noble ebooks for iPod (Canada) reader?

Just read a sample (amazed about the quality) from a first ebook, my favourite James Patterson. After the sample ended I wanted to purchase and started enter my credit card info. However, it is only for the U.S. So where do I go to download this ebook. Barnes&Noble is not for Canada at all?
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Use eReader.com app

Hi,

I am in Canada and have the same issue. If you look at the app store, you will see an ereader.app (it is from ereader.com) and it is actually owned by Barnes and Noble but that reader app and that store is set up for international use. There are country codes and things for every book.

So I buy my book from eReader.com (or Fictionwise or at any online bookstore that supports eReader formatted books) via the eReader app.

There is also the Stanza app from the app store that can be used to read many different format books. Between the ereader.app and the stanza.app and use of my own Sony PRS 600 reader, I have yet to end up with a book I can't read at least someplace.

Hope this helps,

Kevin
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
OnceAWolf
OnceAWolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, android, ipad...
I have been using eReader software for a long time, I am not a huge fan of DRM but the eReader version has allowed me to move my books across meny PCs/PDAs. (ps I am also a canadian)

I have tried the Kobo (ties in with chapters/indego) and Stanza both are OK but my favorate is still eReader (mostly do to long time use).
OnceAWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I haven't tried it but they were supposed to start selling ebooks in Canada on Dec 1.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...da/ba-p/410312

I would try the new kobo reader for the ipod Touch.
http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...s%20Patterson&
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote