Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
JasonB
Connoisseur
JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Fixing the volume control.

Okay, so shortly after I bought my 505 it locked up on me and I couldn't turn it off. Rather than wait for however many weeks it would take the battery to run down on its own without any page turns - or, foolishly, just the 30 minutes it did take to turn off on its own - I decided to treat it like a computer or any other electronic device with this problem and proceeded to take it apart. (With the idea of disconnecting the battery altogether to force a reset.)

This didn't work (I couldn't take it apart enough to get to the battery - at least without any destructive method I could think of), and I ended up putting it back together again with it still locked. (To be followed about 10 minutes later by it finally shutting itself down.)

As a result of me having taken it apart, though, my volume button on the bottom is no longer "firm" like it used to be. Instead, it "flops" back and forth. It works, it's just doesn't have that "spring loaded" feel to it. I never listen to MP3s on my 505 so I really don't care about this at all. Except that it's always a very minor annoyance in the back of my head that I think of whenever I look at the bottom of my reader.

If anybody has any concrete idea what I did wrong, and how I can go back in and fix it, let me know. (I did open it back up a 2nd time, but wasn't able to figure out what I'd messed up or or how to correct it.)
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:15 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Jason--
The volume button on my 505 has always flopped back and forth. I just thought that was normal...I've had it for about a year and a half now.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
JasonB
Connoisseur
JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Sony PRS-505
(I think I recall opening up your reader before you got your hands on it...LOL)
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
(I think I recall opening up your reader before you got your hands on it...LOL)
That's why it seemed to take forever to arrive after I ordered it!!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote