Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sofware to Edit PDF, Lit, or Mobi?

Not sure if this belongs here or not. Doesn't really appear to be a forum for this question. I've got a series of books in lit, pdf, or mobi format and they're all ugly looking, poorly formatted. It doesn't matter weather I use the mobi or use Calibre to convert to mobi, still ugly.

Is there some free software I could use to edit and tidy up the books and save in a format of my preference?

BTW, I'm using a Kindle 3.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Use Calibre to convert to epub, then edit in Sigil to meet your preferences.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
A (better) workaround: convert those files to epub or htmlz > edit epub using Sigil or htmlz using any html editor > reconvert epub/htmlz to mobi. I call this process beautification.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote