Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #91
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
That's sounds really great!!

Even if I can't get the files directly into my Sony reader "yet", I know many people would still be super happy with what you are proposing..

Thanks Hadrien!

Fabian.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:42 PM   #92
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamaest View Post
That's sounds really great!!

Even if I can't get the files directly into my Sony reader "yet", I know many people would still be super happy with what you are proposing..

Thanks Hadrien!

Fabian.
Well in the meantime you can use libprs500 to put them directly on the reader. There's an auto sync feature on our app that download all of your files everyday, just create a .bat file that send all of these files to your reader using libprs500 and you're set (could be easier I know...)
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #93
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I seem to be having trouble with the COPY cmd through libprs500.. can you help me..?

HELP with my CP command..?

Is this OK??

prs500 cp -f Z:\temp6\RSS\*.* "a:/Sony Reader/database/RSS-News/"

What's your batch file look like..?

Thanks,
F.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 AM   #94
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Here's the installer (had to zip the whole thing, you can't upload .msi on the forum).

As for libprs500: not sure that this path is correct.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NewsStandSetup.zip (154.2 KB, 243 views)
Old 08-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #95
flamaest
Groupie

Great, I will try this when I get home from work..

about libprs500 command line.. can you share what your batc file looks like. The help flags in prs500 are a bit limited and I can't seem to get it right..

Thanks!
F.
Advert
Old 08-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #96
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Great, I will try this when I get home from work..

about libprs500 command line.. can you share what your batc file looks like. The help flags in prs500 are a bit limited and I can't seem to get it right..

Thanks!
F.
Let's try something better: using libprs500 to autosync these files on the reader using our app.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #97
flamaest
Groupie

ohh.. that's great..

guess I didn't realize your app could interface with libprs500..

Thanks,
F.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #98
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
ohh.. that's great..

guess I didn't realize your app could interface with libprs500..

Thanks,
F.
Well that's how the app was created: we have various sync/output modules that can be modified. Once we have a first final version, the app will be open-source too.
Feedbooks API is open to any developper, and these apps will be open too. This way any developper can modify them, or study them to create their own app using the Feedbooks API.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #99
flamaest
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Let's try something better: using libprs500 to autosync these files on the reader using our app.
I installed the MSI and got the FB icon and loaded my FB settings....

I was able to configure a target directory and started downloading my RSS feeds from FB.

I can't seem to select the PRS-500 as a device in the FB sync-tool.. is there a drop-down menu I should be setting up? So I can't seem to get the sync tool to copy the RSS feeds directly to my reader..

I'm almost there, i know it..

a little help..?

very exciting!
Fabian.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:42 PM   #100
flamaest
Groupie

By the way, I know you probubly have thousands of things to do.. but I can never seem to add this RSS feed to my newspaper.. werid:

http://digg.com/rss/index.xml

Thanks,
F.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:22 PM   #101
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
I installed the MSI and got the FB icon and loaded my FB settings....

I was able to configure a target directory and started downloading my RSS feeds from FB.

I can't seem to select the PRS-500 as a device in the FB sync-tool.. is there a drop-down menu I should be setting up? So I can't seem to get the sync tool to copy the RSS feeds directly to my reader..

I'm almost there, i know it..

a little help..?

very exciting!
Fabian.
Yes, it's because we haven't finished the output for the Sony Reader. With the installer that I posted, it'll download these files to a folder. This mean that it'll work for UMS devices already (the iLiad for example). I'll post another version with libprs500 support this week. In the meantime you can use this one already: you won't have to click on any link from now to get these files on your computer.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #102
zdevil
Enthusiast
zdevil began at the beginning.

Device: Sharp Zaurus SL-C3200, Hanlin V3
Hey, I found the way to unsubscribe your own feeds which are not present in the Feedbooks list.

It's very simple.
Go to the News page.
Paste the same feed address into the "Turn RSS Feeds into PDF files:"
Then on the next page, you will see:
Quote:
Subscribe to this Feed:Spinner
You already subscribded to this RSS. Click here to unsubscribe.
Click "unsubscribe" and that's it!

You can repeat unsubscribing the wanted feeds by pasting the subscribed feed links under "Generate another RSS feed:"

Hope that helps.
zdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #103
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdevil View Post
Hey, I found the way to unsubscribe your own feeds which are not present in the Feedbooks list.

It's very simple.
Go to the News page.
Paste the same feed address into the "Turn RSS Feeds into PDF files:"
Then on the next page, you will see:

Click "unsubscribe" and that's it!

You can repeat unsubscribing the wanted feeds by pasting the subscribed feed links under "Generate another RSS feed:"

Hope that helps.
It'll be a lot more simple in the future though, I'll add a full page for managing all these subscriptions.
I'm finishing most of the work left on the public domain book section, then I'll switch focus to the rest of the website (I'm working on a way to browse public domain books using covers).
We're adding a lot of help pages right now:There's a lot of cool features and advanced stuff that you can do with Feedbooks, these should help.

Edit: I can add a quick next to the subscription on the index too, could be a nice way to remove those for the moment.

Last edited by Hadrien; 08-29-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #104
flamaest
Groupie

Quote:
Edit: I can add a quick X to the subscription on the index too, could be a nice way to remove those for the moment.
Yes, if you could, that would be great!!

Thanks,
F.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #105
flamaest
Groupie

Quote:
I'll post another version with libprs500 support this week.
That's excellent, I know many folks would love to see this all working!!

You guys are incredible at Feedbooks, so many tools and programming knowledge!

F.