Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Question Board Theme

Is there any way to change the color theme of this forum?

I tried the "Forum Default", "Fixed", and "Liquid" options in the user control panel and they all a) seemed to look exactly the same, and b) are all in a blue color.

I'm so tired of the color blue on forums at the moment. Is there any way to adjust that? Am I missing something?
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Is there any way to change the color theme of this forum?
I don't think so... unless you override the styles with your browser.

Quote:
I tried the "Forum Default", "Fixed", and "Liquid" options in the user control panel and they all a) seemed to look exactly the same
"Forum Default" is probably either "Fixed" or "Liquid", and I think the difference is more in the layout (fixed-width or reflowable columns).

Quote:
I'm so tired of the color blue on forums at the moment. Is there any way to adjust that? Am I missing something?
You can modify the style of your personal profile page, but that doesn't help you now. We are in the process of updating the forum software (no date for that yet), and maybe then we will have more themes to choose from (or more customization).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Thanks for responding. It's not that I'm looking for any kind of extreme theme - you know, like neon green on black for example - and I do like the layout as it currently is because it seems to work very well.

Just the option to switch the main color for a change of pace every now and then.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I tried the "Forum Default", "Fixed", and "Liquid" options in the user control panel and they all a) seemed to look exactly the same,
I just the hope the new software maintains the Liquid format. The difference between Fixed and Liquid is if you increase the font size in your browser by ctrl + the Fixed will run off of the side of the screen (breaking the page) where the Liquid theme will word wrap everything and keep it on the screen. The Liquid theme is essentially an accessibility mode that allow folks to increase the font size (and leave the reading glasses in their case) without breaking the web page.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Liquid is an important feature. I use the mobile version of one site that I use specifically for that reason. The mobile site will reflow while the supposed better tool won't. I hate it when someone else determines the size of the window that is best for me to use.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Liquid is an important feature. I use the mobile version of one site that I use specifically for that reason. The mobile site will reflow while the supposed better tool won't. I hate it when someone else determines the size of the window that is best for me to use.
I run into the same thing on another forum too and have to resort to their mobile theme.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote