Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #151
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Logging works on my device but unfortunately changing fonts works also. I will deal with the problem when fw 2.1.1 will become final.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #152
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
I have a couple of questions reguarding CoolReader.

First and foremost is the fact that I cannt seem to download the program from the russian links provided. They all attempt to just install some sort of bar addon etc. but never start a download.

I have even gone so far as to use google translate on each of the pages, each step of the way and cannt get it downloaded.

So, does anyone have an alternate down load site ( preferabley in english ) were I could download this from?

My other questions revolve around how it formats epub books etc compared to fbreader?

I know that fbreader strips off the text formating when it displays, does cool reader keep the formating etc? Does anyone have a couple of screen shots to show the difference in display?

The thats one is, how hard is the current version of CR to install and configure? Is it up to the ease that FBreader has in installing and configureing?

Thank you very much ...
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #153
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
The links work but the hosting site is tricky.
First of all, the download doesn't work under translate.
It also uses a captcha-style validation scheme.
Try opening two windows side by side, one translated, the other the original.
Once you get past the validation, the link you want is near the upper left hand.

Installation on the PB360 is similar to FBreader except you also copy a system folder.
Features are comparable to FBreader180 except for motion paging (so far) and the support for embedded style sheets. If you choose to disable this support, it uses a format-specific css from the cr3 folder, a different css for each supported file type.
It also has a gui settings option deeper than baseline FBreader but less than FBreader180.
And it supports dual column landscape. On the PB360, portrait is probably best but on bigger screens the two column display is very useful.

Good luck!
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:02 AM   #154
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

While I thank you for your suggestion on how to translate and down load the link, I DID that.

All that the text and page that is linked too wanted to do for me is to try and install a toolbar.

Thank you tho.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:13 AM   #155
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
The download works for me if I do the following:

- open the page without Google translate
- insert the captcha number on the lower right
- click the green button below it

--> new page is shown

- un-check the checkbox in the yellow frame (this is the unwanted installation)
- click the link above the yellow frame
- save the file

I hope this helps.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #156
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
While I thank you for your suggestion on how to translate and down load the link, I DID that.

All that the text and page that is linked too wanted to do for me is to try and install a toolbar.

Thank you tho.
What browser are you using?
I just get the file...

Most odd.
Sorry.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #157
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
Use a download-manager like jDownloader. You can then paste the link in there and the program will do the rest so you won't be bugged by any annoying toolbars anymore. :-)
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #158
askyn
Addict

You know ... thank you all for your help.

It was a combonation of forign language and a brain fart on my part.

Using the instructions given by Sunlite I was able to start the download.

SIGH ... dont ask me why, but even reading the site in via google translate ( copy and pasted to seperate window ), I didnt uncheck that blasted box for that addon it wanted me to install. Hence ... even when I was doing everything else right, it was still installing the software .. because I didnt tell it i didnt want it.

Thank you again Sunlite ... /bow
Old 06-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #159
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
CoolReader Version 0.0.5-5:

For PB 301, 360:
http://narod.ru/disk/17178561001/pkb...0.5-5.zip.html

For series of PRO, 360 +:
http://narod.ru/disk/17178592001/pkb...0.5-5.zip.html

Alternate skin:
http://narod.ru/disk/15972635001/cr3-pb-skin51.zip.html

Changes (as posted by pkbo):
+ Added a dialogue - a list of citations.
Dialog is available via the main menu, CR, functions are similar to bookmarks - can go to a page where you took the quote or a quote to remove the long pressing OK

Thanks again, pkbo!
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #160
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks pkbo, and thank you sein!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #161
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Thanks! I installed but I do not see about any options for citations. Maybe I am ding something wrong.., do I have to install also the skin to see that option?

thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post
CoolReader Version 0.0.5-5:

For PB 301, 360:
http://narod.ru/disk/17178561001/pkb...0.5-5.zip.html

For series of PRO, 360 +:
http://narod.ru/disk/17178592001/pkb...0.5-5.zip.html

Alternate skin:
http://narod.ru/disk/15972635001/cr3-pb-skin51.zip.html

Changes (as posted by pkbo):
+ Added a dialogue - a list of citations.
Dialog is available via the main menu, CR, functions are similar to bookmarks - can go to a page where you took the quote or a quote to remove the long pressing OK

Thanks again, pkbo!
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #162
0utis
Enthusiast
0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Thanks! I installed but I do not see about any options for citations. Maybe I am ding something wrong.., do I have to install also the skin to see that option?

thanks!
I can't see it on the quick menu either but there is a citation list on the main menu. To get there, hold the center key for a couple of seconds.

I can't manage to make an annotation via a menu . What works for me is pressing the key shortcut I have assigned to this function on the device's main menu. You know, Configuration - Key mapping - Choose your key - New note.
0utis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #163
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
related to 0utis' tip: for the "standard" 360, the default to call up the note function is is a long press down of the joystick. With a long press of the OK button another menu is called, and you can go and see the key mapping - don't think it can be changed from the configuration menu.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #164
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Sorry guys! but I ca not find this citation that will take you to the note, similiar to the bookmarks.

I know how to take notes already, but I can not find that pkbo is mentioning..... I will keep trying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utis View Post
I can't see it on the quick menu either but there is a citation list on the main menu. To get there, hold the center key for a couple of seconds.

I can't manage to make an annotation via a menu . What works for me is pressing the key shortcut I have assigned to this function on the device's main menu. You know, Configuration - Key mapping - Choose your key - New note.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #165
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Sorry guys! but I ca not find this citation that will take you to the note, similiar to the bookmarks.
In order to see this list you need to get to main menu of coolreader. It is a bit tricky. Global PB key mappings have higher priority over keymaps.ini file but we need to use keymaps.ini to set some functions that have no analog in the PB settings or they overlap, for example PocketBook Main menu and coolreader main menu.

By default coolreader main menu set to KEY_OK, LONG and KEY_HOME but it will not work if some other actions are set to these keys in the PB global settings.
To make it work you need assign no action to the one of above mentioned keys in the global settings or edit keymaps.ini [main] section to assign MCMD_MAIN_MENU to any key that is not used in your global PB settings.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote