Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #1
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
including custom columns in epub catalog

Is it possible to use custom columns in an epub catalog as a section to be sorted by?

I want to be able to search for a story depending on different tags in different custom columns, but from what I have read the epub catalog only allows me to insert one custom column and it cannot be searched (merging with comments, description note). In addition, when I was trying to get some of my custom columns to appear, I found that I could not see all of them when I tried to use the description note or merging with comments features. I would like to see the word count of each book, but it does not show up as an option when I am configuring the catalog.
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The sort order for the catalog is not configurable. As you noted, you can add the contents of a custom column in the description note. IIRC, the eligible custom columns must be text fields.

[edit]
I just looked at the source code, the eligible custom column types for the description note are text, comments, and composite. I will update the sticky.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 07-13-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: added eligible custom column types
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
Is it possible to use custom columns in an epub catalog as a section to be sorted by?

I want to be able to search for a story depending on different tags in different custom columns, but from what I have read the epub catalog only allows me to insert one custom column and it cannot be searched (merging with comments, description note). In addition, when I was trying to get some of my custom columns to appear, I found that I could not see all of them when I tried to use the description note or merging with comments features. I would like to see the word count of each book, but it does not show up as an option when I am configuring the catalog.
GRiker has pointed out the Catalog is not sortable.
You can make a sorted spreadsheet (CSV) file using the CLI (See calibredb --list in the online Manual)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote