Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
Joan M
Did someone say Python?
Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Tablet
Find Duplicates Plugin with Virtual Library

I created a virtual library and when I try to find duplicate titles with the plugin, I get "no duplicate groups were found...." even though there are plenty of dupes. I don't even care if I use the virtual library thing or not. I just am not understanding how to filter searches properly, I guess. Can anyone point me in the right direction. The virtual library concept sounded right up my alley.

The plugin has worked just fine for me on my entire library.
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan M View Post
I created a virtual library and when I try to find duplicate titles with the plugin, I get "no duplicate groups were found...." even though there are plenty of dupes. I don't even care if I use the virtual library thing or not. I just am not understanding how to filter searches properly, I guess. Can anyone point me in the right direction. The virtual library concept sounded right up my alley.

The plugin has worked just fine for me on my entire library.
This might be better asked in the Find Duplicates plugin thread.

I've been using the FD plugin on my virtual library for 2 years (before the name was changed) and it has usually worked fine. I just tried it again using soundex on title and it found duplicates fine.

What settings are you using?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2013, 03:00 AM   #3
Joan M
Did someone say Python?
Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Tablet
LOL. I searched for that thread first and couldn't find it - totally forgetting that I'd posted on it just recently. Duh.

I hit the virtual library button, created a virtual library based on just one tag which produced a batch which showed 424/424 on the search bar but no parameters there. Hit the Find Duplicates button and chose similar title and similar author matching...

and this time it worked. One match, anyway, When I try soundex, I get what I thought I would get originally. That is, titles only matched up with titles/subtitles. I'm still unclear why I kept getting nothing before. Anyway, thank you very much.
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote