Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
griffbrad
griffbrad began at the beginning.

How do you claim the Connect credit?

I finally got WinXP and Connect installed but I can't figure out how to claim this Connect Store credit everyone is talking about. Any pointers?
griffbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Open the Connect Store in the Connect software, and create an account. It'll automatically register your PC to the account (takes a moment or two).

Once that's done choose the Account option at the upper right hand corner of the Connect Store window.

On the lower side of the left column in the window it brings up, select Manage Devices.

If your Reader isn't already plugged in, plug it in now. Once you see it in the list, you should also see an option to authorize it to the account, select that, and wait for it to do its thing.

Now back on the account page, you'll see on the right column at the bottom, "Transaction History" (or something close to that), select it, and you'll see your credit listed there.

Now just buy books from the Connect Store, it'll deduct them from your credit, until it's all gone, then it'll want a credit card for further purchases.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
griffbrad
griffbrad began at the beginning.

*slaps forehead* Thanks. I checked "Transaction History" and the credit was just waiting there. Didn't think it would be so simple.
griffbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:43 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffbrad
Didn't think it would be so simple.
It is nice when they surprise us, isn't it?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #5
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
This should be a sticky or something. Besides my own thread on the topic I think this is the 3rd one I've seen with this question.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2006, 05:01 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
This should be a sticky or something. Besides my own thread on the topic I think this is the 3rd one I've seen with this question.
Your wish is our command.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:33 PM   #7
mistergadgett
mistergadgett began at the beginning.

Unhappy Humm... where's my $50 credit?

I got my Reader today! (YAY!)

I loaded Sony Connect. USB connected my Reader. Created a CONNECT Store user account. Authorized my computer. Authorized my Reader (although Connect software died during "authorization" of my reader.... so "re-authorized it).

Check in Transaction History... and see nothing!

What gives?

Eagerly awaiting $50 to buy ebooks....

-mistergadgett
mistergadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #8
mistergadgett

Argh! I tried to call Sony to ask for help about getting my $50 Store Credit on the CONNECT Reader Store/Software. I've been bounced around to 3 different Sony Support phone numbers, but none of them seem to know what it is or which department to send me to for help. I also tried the Sony Support Chat method and they said CustomerService stuff wasn't handled by them.

Anyone have a direct number or know how to surf the support menus to get help?

-mistergadgett
Old 11-02-2006, 06:40 AM   #9
dare99
dare99 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I'm in the same situation. My credit didn't show up when I registered the device (took 5 goes to register too, don't know if that's related). Used the contact sony link and got a mail back asking me to call the support number.
Called the number, got someone who hummed and hared a bit before trying to put me through elsewhere and the line went dead (using a skype phone as I'm in the UK).

Sony're gits.
dare99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:20 AM   #10
mistergadgett

I don't think it was skype that caused the line to go dead. LOL. The last support group I got sent to was the Vaio support guys. This guy typed in PRS-500 into his computer and was like "hummm... let me ask where to send you for this... I'll put you on hold, ok?". Well... needless to say the "line went dead" on me after some hold music.

I did send an email last night before I started calling Sony Support numbers but I'm not hopeful for email support.

Kinda stinks... one of the reasons I was willing to pay so much for the readers was because I "thought" I would get $50 to try some full-length books with. :-(

I'm pretty sure the lack of $50 credit has something to do with the botched initial authorization attempt of the portable reader.

SONY IF YOU ARE READING... dare99 and I NEED OUR $50! :-)

-mistergadgett
Old 11-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #11
mistergadgett

Finally got my $50 credit! YAY

Sony Connect Support finally responded to my email from earlier this week about not getting my $50 registration credit. They sent me a code to put into the Sony CONNECT store for $50. It actually appears to have worked so I'm happy again (and can purchase some books to read for my business trip!)

-mistergadgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergadgett
I don't think it was skype that caused the line to go dead. LOL. The last support group I got sent to was the Vaio support guys. This guy typed in PRS-500 into his computer and was like "hummm... let me ask where to send you for this... I'll put you on hold, ok?". Well... needless to say the "line went dead" on me after some hold music.

I did send an email last night before I started calling Sony Support numbers but I'm not hopeful for email support.

Kinda stinks... one of the reasons I was willing to pay so much for the readers was because I "thought" I would get $50 to try some full-length books with. :-(

I'm pretty sure the lack of $50 credit has something to do with the botched initial authorization attempt of the portable reader.

SONY IF YOU ARE READING... dare99 and I NEED OUR $50! :-)

-mistergadgett
Old 11-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #12
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
I have the same problem and also sent an email to Sony Connect. Let's wait and see.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #13
Zoot
Connoisseur
Zoot began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
I got my $50 credit automagically, but it didn't happen until the first time I copied a purchased book to the reader and it got "authorized". So I bought the first book from the Connect store (it required a credit card) and after the process of getting it onto the reader, I now show a $50 credit in the store.

Z.
Zoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:57 PM   #14
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
I have been waiting for my credit since last Friday. Followed all the steps but no credit. Customer support just keeps sending me "We need to investigate further and will notify you shortly." I love the device, hate the software and am very unimpressed with the customer support. I hope that other on-line book services compatible with the Sony come on-line soon.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #15
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo
I have been waiting for my credit since last Friday. Followed all the steps but no credit. Customer support just keeps sending me "We need to investigate further and will notify you shortly." I love the device, hate the software and am very unimpressed with the customer support. I hope that other on-line book services compatible with the Sony come on-line soon.

Sent them multiple emails. It helped me and I got my credit.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote