Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #61
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
heh, i don't know how you manage to type anything at all like that sweetpea !
With difficulty

Quote:
that thing is amazing ! did you build it ? how do you keep it from tipping over ? i would like to build / get something for my cats to climb and sleep in (although god knows i have nowhere to put it) but i'm always a bit worried if they jump on it they would knock it over. once bast did that jumping on the clothes drying rack and it catapulted her out the window. okay, i know, it's not made for cats, but still... it made me a bit paranoid.
A friend of my mother's made that. It was her cat back then (she had two, brother and sister, sister had to go because she never really became house broken). It's made from two tree branches. If you look closely, you'll see it has 5 legs. The bottom part is one branch, the top part is nailed (or rather screwed) to that. When those two cats were younger, they would run around the house (it was a top floor, built around a central patio, so you could litterally run around the patio, inside the house), run into the tree, jump out, make another lap, run into the tree, etc. It only fell over once...

But it does take a lot of room, but then, we've a big, very cat friendly house And it's also a scratching post (beside being a hide-away-so-you-can-sleep-undisturbed sleeping place)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:15 AM   #62
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
With difficulty
i believe you.

Quote:
A friend of my mother's made that. It was her cat back then (she had two, brother and sister, sister had to go because she never really became house broken). It's made from two tree branches. If you look closely, you'll see it has 5 legs. The bottom part is one branch, the top part is nailed (or rather screwed) to that. When those two cats were younger, they would run around the house (it was a top floor, built around a central patio, so you could litterally run around the patio, inside the house), run into the tree, jump out, make another lap, run into the tree, etc. It only fell over once...

But it does take a lot of room, but then, we've a big, very cat friendly house And it's also a scratching post (beside being a hide-away-so-you-can-sleep-undisturbed sleeping place)
lucky cats !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #63
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
yes I like to see the puppies!
This is the kitten that was in the dog's food bowl and the dog who would've, might have, okay, probably not have eaten her. She would certainly give her taste, for sure!

BTW Sweetpea, I love that "basketry". My daughter loves to take cardboard boxes and tape them together and cut openings in them for the cats to play in and chase each other. (They love it!) I keep telling her that she needs to go up, up, up with them and start stacking them, (but if it's not her idea, it's no good).
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #64
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Aw, you guys all have sweet-lookin' kitties! Max is my first cat - I always had dogs before that. I wanted a black cat or a grey tabbie cat (my clothes are mostly dark), but the only cat at the shelter who was friendly (remember, I'm a dog person first), was Max.

Max is the sweetest cat. But that orange hair - yeesh. It's every where. And it's too, too visible! (And he curled up in the crook of my elbow today and had a nap, too - which does make it hard to get online, but I did get some reading in on my PDA).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:55 AM   #65
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Kittens on the welcome mat

Hi - figured I'd join in with my latest cat tale,

In Greece,we have many stray cats unfortunately. A few years ago, we were adopted by a cute, very pregnant, stray who we took in and raised her kittens until we found homes for them all. Spayed the mom-cat and she now has *us* all trained very well and is totally spoiled.

Recently a new young stray has appeared, also pregnant. We feed her, but haven't taken her in because our indoor cat is not the sharing type (among other reasons). She had the kittens one day, but hid them somewhere in the neighborhood. Great, we thought, we can continue to feed her.

Well, a few days later she shows up on our front porch with 1 kitten, still with closed eyes - about 1 week old. We figured that something had happened to the rest of the litter and we felt so sorry for her that we made a "nest" and fed her. After a few hours she shows up with the other 5 kittens! I think she was just testing us.

Now, here is the interesting bit: one day she takes the kittens somewhere else, we don't know where. OK-all seems normal for 1-2 days. Then, one morning she shows up for breakfast very agitated, pacing and mewing - doesn't eat. We figured that the male cat had appeared (we had heard noises in the night) and killed the kittens. She stayed at our house all day, just lying around, not eating, obviously in pain and filled with milk. We felt terrible, but couldn't do anything. In the evening the male cat comes around and she (and she is quite small) screams at him. My husband threw something at him and finally he went away.

The next morning she is happily nursing all 6 kittens on our front porch! Apparently, hiding the kittens and pretending they are dead is the way that she tricked the male. She tricked us too. So now, we are so relieved that the cute kits are OK, that we are caring for them all.

Good new is that a colleague of mine has a dairy farm and needs the kittens - he will give all of them a good home as soon as they are weaned. Maybe he'll take mom-cat also.

I think that she is the smartest animal I've ever known, certainly a survivor. I should probably write that she sleeps with all the kittens snuggled up to her, with her arms protectively covering them and her tail wrapped around them - I'll try to take a picture.

Last edited by rgeorg; 05-31-2009 at 05:16 AM. Reason: tie-in with topic of thread
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2009, 05:47 AM   #66
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Max is my first cat - I always had dogs before that.
I never wanted a cat... But my mother was away from home so often (galavanting all over Europe), and her cat was an indoor cat and he really craved human attention. My sister-in-law, who lived next door to my mother, never liked cats and never gave him the attention he needed (and wanted). So, I was so stupid to say I'd take him...
Old 05-31-2009, 07:01 AM   #67
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Cats Rule ....... Okay ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:17 AM   #68
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Cats Rule ....... Okay ?
Yes, if I'd known that, I'd never have said yes!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:23 AM   #69
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Hi - figured I'd join in with my latest cat tale,

Good new is that a colleague of mine has a dairy farm and needs the kittens - he will give all of them a good home as soon as they are weaned. Maybe he'll take mom-cat also.

I think that she is the smartest animal I've ever known, certainly a survivor. I should probably write that she sleeps with all the kittens snuggled up to her, with her arms protectively covering them and her tail wrapped around them - I'll try to take a picture.

What a wonderful, heart warming story! Thanks for sharing.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #70
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Looks like my little avatar image uploaded (see the kittens!) even though I got a "File Upload Error" message.

Someone told me that any 3-color cat is female. Does anyone know if this is correct?
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #71
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Looks like my little avatar image uploaded (see the kittens!) even though I got a "File Upload Error" message.
aaaah !!! cuteness overload !!!

must snuggle kittens !!!!

rgeorg, please give each of those kittens a kiss from me.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #72
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I never wanted a cat... But my mother was away from home so often (galavanting all over Europe), and her cat was an indoor cat and he really craved human attention. My sister-in-law, who lived next door to my mother, never liked cats and never gave him the attention he needed (and wanted). So, I was so stupid to say I'd take him...
i didn't want a cat either. now i have two.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #73
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Quote:
Someone told me that any 3-color cat is female. Does anyone know if this is correct?
Yep ! It's true ! "Ecaille de tortue" in french !
They're too cute, all !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:04 PM   #74
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:

They are very, very cute!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #75
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Yes, I heard that too, but our (what's it called, turtle-something) cat does have three colours. Though the red is only found on his tummie, he most certainly was very male!

Quote:
i didn't want a cat either. now i have two.
Same here

Luckily, they seldom do this, it makes me look bad!

Last edited by Sweetpea; 05-31-2009 at 04:04 PM.