Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
refined metadata in epub2?

hi all - i'm working on an epub2.0 and am looking for a way to refine two different <description> elements in the opf, one for the english description of the book, the other for the german description.

seems like <description> is repeatable, so i guess it wouldn't explode if i simply put two <description> elements in there, but i'd like to find a way to refine it to
Code:
<dc:description opf:lang="en"> ... </dc:description>
<dc:description opf:lang="de"> ... </dc:description>
or something.

googling "description element attributes" isn't really working out for me.

any help is appreciated!
mzmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I think it should be:

Code:
<dc:description xml:lang="en"> ... </dc:description>
<dc:description xml:lang="de"> ... </dc:description>
and you can do the same with <dc:title> and other elements... Of course, I know of no reading or managing software that handles this in any meaningful way.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
thanks!

checked it on calibre thinking that there's a chance it might be recognized, but seems like the second <description> entry is just over-writing the first, as that's the only one that shows up in the book's summary window.

oh well.
mzmm is offline   Reply With Quote