Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
If you use the Marware CEO Hybrid Cover for the Fire, the on/off switch is right next to one of the clamps making it very easy to locate. In addition, if you use the new Van Goddy Messenger Bag for the Fire, the headphone jack is EXACTLY where the zippers meet on top to close the bag. That Van Goddy Bag fits the Fire AND Cover exactly into it's compartment.

The Marware cover has a hand strap for holding it vertical in portrait mode and a fold out to create a landscape desk stand.

So far as I'm concerned, all the accessories fit the Kindle Fire controls PERFECTLY.
Nope I bought a cheap book like cover for my Fire. It's not here yet though so right now keeping it a Ex-Point Leather Sleeve for the Kobo. It sorta fits. I use a 3Feet Stand for my Fire during the day it sits right next to me on my desk.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I personally think that the best way to think about the Kindle Fire is that the logo on the back is printed upside-down. It makes much more sense to me that the power and headphone jack are at the top, and I often hold it that way. The only times I notice it is when I turn the device on (since the lock screen doesn't re-orient) and with apps like accuweather that don't recognize the gyro.
That puts the speakers on the bottom or I would sit it upside down.
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #18
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That puts the speakers on the bottom or I would sit it upside down.
iPad has the speakers on the bottom...

I never really use the speakers anyway - just headphones. And if I'm using headphones or charging while I'm reading then I'd much rather have the cables coming out the top than the bottom because I often rest the device on my chest. That's the way it is on the K2.

It's good that it can be switched depending on your own preferences, but I really think the default should be the opposite of what it is.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #19
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
... Ex-Point Leather Sleeve for the Kobo...
I'm using the Ex-Point Leather Cover for the Kobo temporarily.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I'm using the Ex-Point Leather Cover for the Kobo temporarily.
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #21
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I personally think that the best way to think about the Kindle Fire is that the logo on the back is printed upside-down. It makes much more sense to me that the power and headphone jack are at the top, and I often hold it that way. The only times I notice it is when I turn the device on (since the lock screen doesn't re-orient) and with apps like accuweather that don't recognize the gyro.
I turned mine upside down when I put it in my case. That also places the On/Off button on the left side when in landscape, and being a southpaw I like that!

Last edited by jswinden; 11-18-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #22
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I turned mine upside down when I put it in my case.
The flexibility is great.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #23
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
I do wish you could turn the accelerometer off.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #24
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
The flexibility is great.
Yep! especially if you are charging while using it. I hate how the K3 and K4 have the ports on the bottom as that makes holding them in portrait uncomfortable when a USB cable is plugged in. Though I rarely charge and read at the same time!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #25
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
You can, let me look it up.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #26
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
You can. I responded to your post in another thread.

Tap the upper right corner of the screen to bring up a menu (brightness, volume, etc.) The first icon in the row is for locking/unlocking rotation.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #27
jswinden
Nameless Being

Wow, it seems like when my fingers turn cold the screen response is much less. Time to turn up the heater!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Wow, it seems like when my fingers turn cold the screen response is much less. Time to turn up the heater!
Very true. I'm Anemic so you can imagine how unresponsive my phone is but the Fire is much better to responding to my cold fingers.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #29
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
I hope Amazon drops Android for Windows 8 when the 2nd Gen Fire comes out.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote