Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
bokolobs
Enthusiast
bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: NST, DX, PW1, Voyage, Oasis (1 week), Kobo Aura One (1 week)
Battery issues since updating to 2.5.8 Kindle DX

hi,

i recently updated my kindle dx graphite software to version 2.5.8. now it is draining battery much much faster. i fully charged it, disconnected the charger and the cable. i put it to sleep with wireless off and auto-rotate off. i didn't use it. after 6 hours, the battery life is 75%. after 4 days it is fully discharged.

i did a reset but that didn't fix the problem. i charged it completely last night. it was 75% full this morning. then it became 50% full after an hour of reading. now, after a total of 14 hours since full charging, it's 25%.

does any one have the same problem? how can i fix this? amazon-cs instruction to reset did not fix the problem.

help!

thank you.

--
arthur
bokolobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
JustDennis
JustDennis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi, Kindle Fire
Arthur

After I upgrade my DX did the same thing. After about a week I restarted the DX from the menu and it has been back to normal ever since. I am wondering if it was reindexing everything or something but seems to work now.
JustDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
No, but it did remove my collections.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #4
bokolobs
Enthusiast
bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Hey! Thanks for replying. I will wait a while then do a restart again and see if that will fix it.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:01 AM   #5
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
I have noticed a faster battery drain since updating to 2.5.8 .

My DX used to go for 2-3 weeks but now 1 week and then begins to drain quickly.
Can updates be rolled back or not????
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
GoversAU
Enthusiast
GoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle Oasis
I updated my K2i and DXG as soon as the 2.5.8 was available and everything's fine: my batteries still last for weeks etc.

I often wonder what causes these problems for some Kindles but not for others.
GoversAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:52 AM   #7
bokolobs
Enthusiast

Hi all! I think this fixed it for me:

"Do a search for a nonsense word such as "wotihlhh." It could be that a book is stuck indexing.

You result will either be "No Items" or "Items still indexing..." (not sure of the exact phrasing) If there are items still indexing, I believe you can click on them to see which books are there, and you can delete the one that seems to be stuck."

After the indexing finished, my battery seems to be discharging like it did before (I hope!). I charged it to about 75% and the indicator barely moved in two days unlike a week ago.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
I've just done a re-start and it's now decided to re-index all my books.

I am not happy with this update. I'd use stronger language but there might be people of a nervous disposition reading.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote