Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #25906
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Good afternoon Stitchawl (early morning/late night for me). I'm glad you didn't have to "rough it" for long and were able to get your hot water pot fixed.
Me too! Nobody knows the trouble I've seen... Why, just the other night there was a pea under my mattress and I woke up with a big bruise. It's difficult being so delicate.

Quote:
M&M's in my bowl
When ever I read this, I have the mental image of you eating a bowl of M&Ms with a spoon. I'm sure you don't, but please do NOT tell me so. I love the mental image!

I'm about to make a Mango lassi for two, and toast my spouse. Just for the heck of it!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #25907
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Good morning all!

Starting the day with so good ice coffee!!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #25908
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
More Yellow Tea. Going to head out for my work walk in a little bit. I have been able to get in between 12,000 and 17,000 steps a day this month. Trying to keep it up
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #25909
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First tea of the day.

Today is my daughter's birthday. She's celebrating by flying back to college.

Where does the time go?!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #25910
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No idea, I have difficulty believing that I had DB 13 months ago and cannot imagine him in anything but his cute little footie sleepers conked out in his crib or leaning forward in his stroller during a walk.

More Yellow Tea
Old 08-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #25911
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Me too! Nobody knows the trouble I've seen... Why, just the other night there was a pea under my mattress and I woke up with a big bruise. It's difficult being so delicate.
I feel your pain. :P
Quote:
When ever I read this, I have the mental image of you eating a bowl of M&Ms with a spoon. I'm sure you don't, but please do NOT tell me so. I love the mental image!
Agreed. I'd hate to actually change that image!

A wet and rainy day today, looks like it will stay that way all day. So, time to drink some of that Murchie's Russian Caravan tea I got a few weeks ago. Lots of Lapsang Souchong in it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #25912
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
No idea, I have difficulty believing that I had DB 13 months ago and cannot imagine him in anything but his cute little footie sleepers conked out in his crib or leaning forward in his stroller during a walk.
Savor every moment and each change; they really do grow up so very fast. I still look at my son and wonder what happened to those days when we curled up on the couch with 50 or so of his "favorite" books to read.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Agreed. I'd hate to actually change that image!
I use to have a roommate that would come home after her nursing shift and make up a bowl of peanut butter, sugar, and chocolate chips. She would grab a spoon, stir it up, and sit down on the couch to talk with us.

Sumatra coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #25913
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

hmmmm remove the sugar and I would love that combo
Old 08-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #25914
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I use to have a roommate that would come home after her nursing shift and make up a bowl of peanut butter, sugar, and chocolate chips. She would grab a spoon, stir it up, and sit down on the couch to talk with us.
Nothing like a balanced diet...

Enjoying the heck out of this Russian Caravan tea from Murchie's. Definitely one I can recommend, and a good replacement for my Scottish Breakfast tea on rainy days.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #25915
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Are you going to be on a long trip? Backpacking? Camping?
Only a 6 day trip, and in a cabin. There's a "wilderness camp" area associated with my college, where kids learn what they are made of. I've never been there, for that rigorous challenge. Instead, this is an "older alumni" trip, so I'm guessing they won't stress us that much!

Quote:
Nothing like a balanced diet...
I thought a balanced diet was a bowl of chocolate cookie dough, balanced on the knee while reading.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #25916
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Still in France, so Ricard with water in my glass (after the white wine).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #25917
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I thought a balanced diet was a bowl of chocolate cookie dough, balanced on the knee while reading.
Sounds about right to me.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #25918
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
When I was seventeen
It was a very good year
It was a very good year for small town girls
And soft summer nights We'd hide from the lights
On the village green When I was seventeen

When I was twenty-one
It was a very good year
It was a very good year for city girls
Who lived up the stair With all that perfumed hair
And it came undone When I was twenty-one

When I was thirty-five
It was a very good year
It was a very good year for blue-blooded girls
Of independent means Wed ride in limousines
Their chauffeurs would drive When I was thirty-five

But now the days grow short
Im in the autumn of the year
And now I think of my life as vintage wine
from fine old kegs from the brim to the dregs
And it poured sweet and clear It was a very good year

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydcUaTpiHgQ )

Just got word that two more old friends have passed on. Enjoy today as if there is no tomorrow.
The motto on my Family arms "While we live, let us LIVE."

Good morning, everyone! Saturday, in the park, but it's August not July. No matter. It looks to be a nice day. Except for the rains that will fall sometime during the day. I forgot to close the window in my cave last night, but lucked out with no rain overnight. Now, with a big mug of my new English Breakfast tea beside me, we await the delivery of 'the last piece of furniture.' My wife's desk 'should be' here within the hour. Then we are 'officially' settled in! Yippee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Quote:
Savor every moment and each change; they really do grow up so very fast. I still look at my son and wonder what happened to those days when we curled up on the couch with 50 or so of his "favorite" books to read.
My best friend back in the States just got word that his 38yr old son will be moving back home for a year. I guess we never stop parenting.

Quote:
A wet and rainy day today, looks like it will stay that way all day. So, time to drink some of that Murchie's Russian Caravan tea I got a few weeks ago. Lots of Lapsang Souchong in it.
Thanks for reminding me. This afternoon, if the weather permits, I want to go the tea shop and buy a sampler of their Lapsang Souchong. It smelled really nice when I was there the first time, and I haven't a clue why I didn't buy some then. But no time like the present.

And speaking of 'presents,' this new English Breakfast tea from the same shop just keeps tasting better, better, and better! I'm going to brew up a second mug of the stuff right now!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #25919
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Only a 6 day trip, and in a cabin. There's a "wilderness camp" area associated with my college, where kids learn what they are made of. I've never been there, for that rigorous challenge. Instead, this is an "older alumni" trip, so I'm guessing they won't stress us that much!
Sounds like it will be a lot of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Still in France, so Ricard with water in my glass (after the white wine).
Have you discovered anything new and exciting?
Quote:
Just got word that two more old friends have passed on. Enjoy today as if there is no tomorrow.
The motto on my Family arms "While we live, let us LIVE."
That is so sad to hear about your friends. The older I get, the more I appreciate the world and those around me.

Fresh coffee in my cup and a slice of chocolate cherry cake.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #25920
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Just back from the Chamber Music Festival. Started the night with three Bach Fugues (not my favourite) and then a Beethoven sonata and a Mozart quintet. Overall, a B+ but tomorrow looks better, and Sunday is all modern composers. I'll like it but the DW will NOT. I'll see if my friend across the street wants to go.

Finishing up with Talisker.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?