Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #196
flomet
flomet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the reply, I cant answer that at the moment as my PW has been returned due to screen problems.

I asked the question in advance of receiving the new item.
flomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #197
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@flomet: The WiFi only model should be identical to the US one, if it follows the pattern of the last few models, so, it should work out of the box .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #198
flomet

@NiLuJe: Thanks for the rely, when I receive the item I will post the serial numbers for your reference.

This is a great forum and I thank everybody for there input as it is a first class education for me.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #199
flomet

@NiLuJe: Here is the first four digits for a UK PW without 3G

B024

I hope this will be of some help to you.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #200
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@flomet: Thanks! As expected, it's the same model as the US one, so, it should work out of the box .
Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #201
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Update 5.3.0 plugs this exploit. (And breaks & removes approximately every hack out there, since it's doing a full flash, cf this thread).
Old 11-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #202
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Update 5.3.0 plugs this exploit. (And breaks & removes approximately every hack out there, since it's doing a full flash, cf this thread).
1984. I'll leave that out there.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #203
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Bump to 1.7.N.

* Implement the method discussed here to try to preserve the jailbreak through the 5.3.0 update. See the post in question, and the Bridge section in the first post for more details.

Basically, make sure you install (successfully) the bridge *before* the official update.

The usual warnings still apply: 5.3.0 is still a huge mess for the dev community. This is just a somewhat sneaky workaround. For now, new devices shipped on 5.3.0 won't be able to be JailBroken...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-09-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #204
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The usual warnings still apply: 5.3.0 is still a huge mess for the dev community. This is just a somewhat sneaky workaround. For now, new devices shipped on 5.3.0 won't be able to be JailBroken...
Just like 5.1.0 became known (for awhile) as the "screw the pooch" update, I think 5.3.0 will be known as the "middle finger" update.

EDIT: Or perhaps that is not strong enough? After discovering the "anti-JBPatch" re-obfuscation in 5.3.0, how about calling it the "swift kick in the nuts" update?

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #205
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@NiLuJe: I updated my "News Item" with the information on the new version Jailbreak.
http://minimodding.com/article18

@GM: I also added an appropriate image to the "News Item".
At least my idea of appropriate.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #206
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
... @GM: I also added an appropriate image to the "News Item".
At least my idea of appropriate.
Yeah, I saw that earlier today. Quite appropriate, I think. Now we need that image on a custom Paperwhite screensaver.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #207
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Its by-nc-sa, go for it. Gimp should be able to grayscale it (since its mostly grayscale).
If copying it from the page doesn't get you a 256x256 png, I have the original.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #208
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
This worked perfectly. While still on a non-jailbroken 5.2.0 PW, I installed JB 1.7.N and the bridge, then 5.3.0.

I could then install ixtab's Collections Manager without a hitch.

Thank you for all your hard work, NiLuJe!
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #209
flomet

Same for me, the one thing I did was to uninstall all previous cracks. I then started from scratch and it all installed with no problems at all.

Thank you NiLuJe for making it so simple and a thanks to ixtab for his Collections Manager. All I have to do now is to get my head around the manager as I am finding it a little tricky at the moment.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #210
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by flomet View Post
Same for me, the one thing I did was to uninstall all previous cracks. I then started from scratch and it all installed with no problems at all.

Thank you NiLuJe for making it so simple and a thanks to ixtab for his Collections Manager. All I have to do now is to get my head around the manager as I am finding it a little tricky at the moment.
Just wondering: which parts of CM do you find to be "tricky"? The program was written to be as intuitive as possible (well yeah... after initially understanding what the buttons mean, and what they do ). If you have any suggestions about how CM can be made more user friendly, don't hesitate to post in the Collections Manager thread. All feedback is really appreciated
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch