Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Bilbotorm
Bilbotorm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question Date / Langage never saved anymore / Settings not saved

Hello

I do face, since 3 days from now a really annoying issue with my Sony PRS T1.
The devices froze once or twice, and now, everytime i power it off/on, it asks me to choose the language/country and set the date.
It never saves anything ...

After reading carefully many articles (incredible source here, like https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...very_Console); I tried to make a rescue 1.04 (took 9hours) but nothing changes.

Would you have some idea on how to get my reader working properly again ?

I read all the previous 10 pages of this forum and couldn't find a closer solution

Thanks in advance for the time spent replying me

Bil
Bilbotorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:58 AM   #2
Bilbotorm

Again last evening i tried to hard reset, root the device, rescue 104 it, in all cases; the operations happened properly, but at each boot, it keeps asking for initial settings/can't save them
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Did you root the T1, or is this stock?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Bilbotorm

It happened with a stock one; i rooted it to see if it changed something, but it did not; so i rescued it back to original state >_<

I tried to contact Sony also just in case I have no clue on what to do next
Old 11-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
I'd guess that your internal /data partition has broken permissions or is corrupt. If you've rooted, try running the fix_permissions script circulating in this forum (for example, in this post). Otherwise, try a factory reset (Settings -> Init -> Reset settings [or similar, don't have the English localization at hand]).
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
Bilbotorm

Hi

Thank you for your feedback;
I already tried the reset settings (software through the menu , but also hardware using the hard reset process described on Sony site : nothing changed)

I will root my device again and will try the fix permission script you mentionned, thanks :!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Bilbotorm

I followed the wiki; but unfortunately after rooting the device, I am stuck at ADB installation. I enable it on the device, but do not manage to get adb seeing the device on my computer with android sdk installed. the driver does not seem to install at all; it always recognized the device as Sony PRS T1 USB; no matter how many times I delete or manually push the driver, USB debug enable or disable; always the same

So no way to launch the fix-permission script till I manage to get adb working ?
Old 11-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #8
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
Hmm, I would have expected the factory reset procedure to help first of all. Not sure if fix_permissions is going to help, but perhaps it's worth a try.

You can copy the fix_permisions script via USB storage mode to the READER partition of your reader, and then run it from a root shell in the Android Terminal app with "sh /sdcard/fix_permissions". Good luck!
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #9
Bilbotorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by altruizine View Post
Hmm, I would have expected the factory reset procedure to help first of all. Not sure if fix_permissions is going to help, but perhaps it's worth a try.

You can copy the fix_permisions script via USB storage mode to the READER partition of your reader, and then run it from a root shell in the Android Terminal app with "sh /sdcard/fix_permissions". Good luck!
Thanks for your replies

You mean i copy the script on the memory with data storage classic process right ? What is Android Terminal App ? sorry for the noob question
Old 11-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
Bilbotorm

EDIT : I had a USB Debug problem : this part is fixed.

I still need some help to fix my initial issue with settings never saved.
I'll try to understand how to "fix_permissions" but no clue so far

Last edited by Bilbotorm; 11-16-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
Bilbotorm

Ok I made some progress (yeah i know, sounds stupid, but i start from far)

I root the devices, added the Apps2SD package, isntall a terminal box apk; and tried to launch the script fix_permissions.sh with the link above

I ran this in super user;

#sh fix_permissions.sh
: not found
fix_permissions.sh : 77: Syntax error : word unexpected

Any clue what i need to do next ?

Tags
bug, language, settings, sony prs-t1