Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
CynLeigh
CynLeigh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Angry Need help with original Kobo and Calibre 0.8.26

I just upgraded Calibre to 0.8.26 and now I keep getting error reading device when I hook up my Kobo (original Kobo, not touch). On the 3rd, it dumped all of my books but they finally returned. I prefer adding my books with Calibre over Adobe Digital Editions but it looks like I can not use it. I plugged the Kobo in 3 different USB ports in case they were a problem.
CynLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you tried a Windows chkdsk (in Windows Explorer, right click on the Kobo's drive letter, select Properties and then Tools, and finally Error-Checking).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
CynLeigh

No, but I will. I know a few times after I got this message, it automatically ran a disk check on it when I plugged it in the next time.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
CynLeigh

Okay it just finished and said there were no problems with the device.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried going back to an older version of Calibre?
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
CynLeigh

I've been thinking about doing just that. It seems like everything I do an update on Calibre, I have trouble with it.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynLeigh View Post
I just upgraded Calibre to 0.8.26 and now I keep getting error reading device when I hook up my Kobo (original Kobo, not touch).
Just to clarify things. Is that the original Kobo or the Kobo WiFi? I ask just in case that's relevant.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
I jumped off the Calibre upgrade bus with 0.7.58. Does everything I need and works perfectly with my original kobo.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote