Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 02:13 AM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Fictionwise Question re: Ellery Queen Subscription

Does fictionwise ever offer either Micropay rebates or discounts off the magazines subscriptions?

I noted that during the December sale, the subscriptions were included neither in the 40-60% off nor the 25% off coupons. The individual issues did allow the coupon to be used, but again weren't part of the 40-60% off.

I bought a couple of EQ issues during the sale and they are now offering me a 20% Micropay rebate on the subscription. I was wondering if that is a good deal. The fictionwise subscription price is certainly a good deal -- $25.47/year ($2.12/month compared to $2.99/month at Amazon) or $46.72/2 year ($1.95/month compared to the still $2.99/month at Amazon). The Amazon price is oddly *higher* than the print magazine subscription price -- how can that possibly be??

As an aside, for anyone that likes mysteries, the four issues of EQ that I bought were really good. I loved almost every story. My favorite was Julius Katz by Dave Zeltserman, a loving and light-hearted homage to Rex Stout and Nero Wolfe, but there were many gems.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
They do, but infrequently. I got a two-year sub the last time they did after waiting almost a year for it. Take the deal.

I agree it is an excellent magazine. I have been very happy with my sub so far.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
They do, very occasionally, offer 25% or even 30% off subscriptions. But it's rare.

If you like EQMM, grab the subscription at 20% off - perhaps even the two year - and then wait for a better offer later to extend the sub.

Fictionwise's subs are all much better than Amazon's. Perhaps not on price, but Fictionwise lets you download the old issues at any time - with Amazon it's only the last three months!

Oh - and most magazine subs at fictionwise (including EQMM) are multiformat - i.e. DRM-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Does fictionwise ever offer either Micropay rebates or discounts off the magazines subscriptions?

I noted that during the December sale, the subscriptions were included neither in the 40-60% off nor the 25% off coupons. The individual issues did allow the coupon to be used, but again weren't part of the 40-60% off.

I bought a couple of EQ issues during the sale and they are now offering me a 20% Micropay rebate on the subscription. I was wondering if that is a good deal. The fictionwise subscription price is certainly a good deal -- $25.47/year ($2.12/month compared to $2.99/month at Amazon) or $46.72/2 year ($1.95/month compared to the still $2.99/month at Amazon). The Amazon price is oddly *higher* than the print magazine subscription price -- how can that possibly be??

As an aside, for anyone that likes mysteries, the four issues of EQ that I bought were really good. I loved almost every story. My favorite was Julius Katz by Dave Zeltserman, a loving and light-hearted homage to Rex Stout and Nero Wolfe, but there were many gems.

-Marcy
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Actually, all the ones I've checked were cheaper at FW, even without any sale or the membership discount.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Actually, all the ones I've checked were cheaper at FW, even without any sale or the membership discount.
Yes. Especially if you go for the 2-year subscriptions. The membership discount makes them significantly cheaper.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert