Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
jitsketje
jitsketje began at the beginning.

Device: Looking for a new e reader
Letters disappear?

Today i received my new Onyx Boox HD i62 Firefly.
Happy me!!
But after loading it I started the reader and immediatly I saw some letters to weak.
Some letters like to disappaer and become really weak.
Its not everywhere and not consequent.
So I have no idea what it can be.
I am worrying that its a problem of the screen.
I allready send a email to the shop where I bought it but no response yet and with the weekend I don't think I will get a response before monday.
Can anyone tell me what this can be? Is there something I can do to get it better or do I have bad luck and have to send it back?

Last edited by jitsketje; 07-26-2013 at 02:30 PM.
jitsketje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Try changing font family and see if there's any difference, some fonts don't support non english letters. In which language are your books?
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
jitsketje

Thats not it.
I read in English and Dutch so the same letters.
I allready tried to change the font.
Some are better then others but they all have it a little bit.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:57 AM   #4
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
hello, first, the weak letters are presents only while you are reading ebook?
Don't be worried, no screen problem.
I don't remember if pdfreader or fbreader has the option called glyph embolden, try play with it.
Second, might be the refresh screen. Try set 1 complete refresh for every page. But this option uses more energy. For this reason mine is set to 9 pages, and I use quite big font size.
cheers
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
jitsketje

No, its not only present while reading a ebook. Its also in the menu and at other places.
Its everywhere.
I sended mine back and got a new one. This new one arrived yesterday and the same problem occured.
Now I am really mad and I don't believe this is a once in a lifetime problem because I got two in a row.
Thinking about changing from Onyx to another one.
Advert
Old 08-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #6
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
I have a Firefly and have never seen a problem like this. Does it happen as you change pages or do the letters fade when the reader is just sitting there. If it is when you are changing pages what is your screen update rate set to? (although I have had mine set to 9 pages with no readability problems). If the letters are fading while not changing pages what is the temperature - I have heard of strange things happening when in the full sun on hot days.
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #7
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Could you provide us an example picture?

the things that came to my mind are:
1)
Go to change in settings the refresh of the screen to always, i find the m92 unusable with less than "always".
It still remember the page before, to some extent, for instance, when you go back from suspend mode you still see a shade of the screensaver for a while.
2)
In pdfreader if the number of the page overlap with a character of the text, the character is much more light. You can see if this is the case by zooming the text so "another character" will happen to be on the page number row.
If you zoom back, you will see again the same letter overlapping with page number, thus more clear.

If it's not one of these 'issues' i don't know what can be.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #8
jitsketje

No. You can see it Always but in some cases its worser.
Some fonts are worser then others.
I will find out how to post a photo.