Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-30-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
E-newspapers will be ready, when...

From TechMan of the Pittsburgh Post - Gazette: a witty list of requirements for electronic newspaper to capture the market completely:
  1. It is cheap enough that you can leave it on the bus for someone else to read. And cheap enough that you don't worry about losing it.
  2. You can hold if over your head in a rainstorm and then dry it out and read it again.
  3. You can roll it up and swat the dog gently. Or swat a fly not so gently.
  4. Your wife can pull out the sports section and give it to you.
  5. You can crinkle it up and pack your glassware for moving. Or use it to train your puppy.
  6. You can start a fire in your fireplace with it.
  7. You can write on it.
  8. You can cut out the recipes and put them in the pages of Joy of Cooking.
  9. You can roll Silly Putty on it and pick up the comics.
  10. You can fold it in quarters to do the crossword puzzle.
  11. You can make a hat out of it.
  12. You can cut out a Dilbert comic strip and hang it in your cubicle.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I think we're due for that flexible display they're touting about. When it comes, what's next will be my answer.

1. They can have an eink bolted to every back of the bus' seats.
2. Flexible plastic is water resitent.
3. He'll be knocked out and really quiet afterwards. (sorry I love dogs and don't hit them)
4. Well! She'll just have to wait her turn won't she? Or get her own?
5. Considering it's thickness, you can just pile em up to the right spacing (don't worry about weight, I don't)
6. You can ( my neighbors hate me now)
7. I got a nice set of felt pens.
8. You can still print the recipes and bind them all to make a much better presentation!!!
9. They have to invent eink silly putty.???
10.Buy a smaller reader for that.
11.Yes you could. French chefs already wear tubes.
12.I'd buy a giant plastic eink screen to make a cubicle with and plug in my computer to display whatever movie of picture I wish .

Imagine that buying eink in 4 by 8 sheets, cut them up and weld a plug to an edge and add a computer?

It's nice to dream!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
a great newspaper should not only be a good trash can liner and a bottom for a bird cage and something you can housebreak a dog on, it should be an excellent fish wrapper.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Y'know, I've noticed that about half of these definitions essentially equate the Newspaper to the status of trash.

(Things that make you go... Hmmm...)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:09 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
That is exactly what they're doing wrong with it. It should be recycled instead. Appraising virtue to wastefullness is not ethical isn't it?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Well, it's dumb anyway.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote