Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 11:35 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I've wasted enough time on this. Four posts back I told you:

Quote:
When there is metadata in the file it will overwrite what is in the opf. If you want to use the OPF preferentially disable reading metadata from file contents.
Simply do that if you want to use the metadata in the OPF.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #17
rolandt99
rolandt99 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
As I stated multiple times that (use internal metadata over OPF) is happening using "Add Multiple" but does NOT happen using "Add Single."

The uploaded screen shots and zip file show this...

Using the two book files sets included in the zip file. I added them twice; with "Single book per directory" option and with "Multiple books per directory" option.

In both screen shots (details and covers) the first 2 book entries are added using the "Single book per directory" option. The Metadata and Cover displayed are taken from the external OPF/JPG files.

In both screen shots (details and covers) the last 2 book entries (highlight selected) are added using the "Multiple books per directory" option. The Metadata and Cover displayed are taken from the internal PDF contents.

As you can clearly see the metadata and covers are different between the two methods of adding the EXACT same books.

Back in Sept/Oct 2012, when I ask for help because of this, you noted there was a single line of code (checking for an opf file) lost during some previous update from the 'handle multiple' logic section. After that single line of code was added back into the next week's release, both ways (Single and Multiple) used the opf/cover if they existed. And, both methods used internal metadata if the external opf/cover did not exist. Which, in my opinion is the correct way to handle it.

This Oct 2012 "fix" to handle data the same way in both methods, is apparently no longer there. That is why I started this current dialogue asking for assistance.

I sincerely appreciate this excellent software suite,
and thank you for your assistance,
Roland
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-scrn1.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	119816   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-scrn2.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	119817  
Attached Files
File Type: zip TestMetadata.zip (242.5 KB, 174 views)
rolandt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #18
MrMxyzptlk
MrMxyzptlk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Yup, I have the exact same issue which is driving me crazy.
I have read from file unchecked, and have pdf / opf / jpg for everything, but Calibre completley ignores the opf if I import multiple at once.

I have 10,000+ to import so 1 at a time is not an option.
MrMxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:45 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Are you using Add Books? Which one (mode) did you choose?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:43 PM   #20
MrMxyzptlk
MrMxyzptlk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I have tried add books from single directory, add books from subdirectories with the same results.

Here is 1 example book, with correct cover jpg and opf.
The book has no metadata embedded that I could find.

No matter what I try Calibre creates a cover from the first page; not what is in the OPF?

Some books work, on a large import of many books; not all.

I am reading from metadata not file.

The cover.jpg is what Calibre created not what I have in the original directory with the OPF and PDF.

Thank you for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mark Twain - Choice Bits from Mark Twain.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	179914   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	179917  
Attached Files
File Type: opf Mark Twain - Choice Bits from Mark Twain.opf (2.3 KB, 103 views)
File Type: pdf Mark Twain - Choice Bits from Mark Twain.pdf (1.89 MB, 90 views)
MrMxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert