Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
baccilus
Enthusiast
baccilus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Unhappy My new Kindle 3 WiFi is not turning on!

I just got my Kindle 3 Yesterday. It had been working fine. Today I changed my country from India to USA downloaded a free eBook which would have otherwise cost me $2. After that for some reason, the WiFi stopped connecting to my home Network which had been working fine. I tried to reboot the Kindle from Settings>Restart/Reboot. It turned off but is not turning on now.
Please note that I have only charged it through my computer's USB port since the adapter which came with it is not compatible with sockets at my home. The battery was sufficient.
Any suggestion? It was on Firmware 3.0.1. I just downloaded the 3.0.3 firmware but can't update since it is not even turning on.
baccilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Have you tried sliding the on button and hold it for about a minute hopefully it should reboot and start up, you might have to do it a few ties. I have been having problems with it since I downloaded the new update earlier this week and have had to do it a few times.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
baccilus
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
Have you tried sliding the on button and hold it for about a minute hopefully it should reboot and start up, you might have to do it a few ties. I have been having problems with it since I downloaded the new update earlier this week and have had to do it a few times.
That worked. Thanks. It also solved the WiFi problem. It is connecting fine now. I am also installing the Latest firmware on it.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:27 AM   #4
RexGalore
Connoisseur
RexGalore doesn't litterRexGalore doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Are you using the Amazon original cover? If so and it freezes again, try without it for a while. They had some problems with that case freezing the device earlier on...
RexGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:54 AM   #5
baccilus
Enthusiast

I don't have any cover for my Kindle. I will get a custom one made soon.
Advert