Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
freezer2k
Enthusiast
freezer2k doesn't litterfreezer2k doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 intl.
2.5.2 Update fails

Hi,

Was just about to update my kindle to 2.5.2 (using the official amazon file) and it seemed fine, until it got to 'stage 1 of 3'.

A message popped up, that the update was not successful.

The kindle restarted and now I'm still on 2.3.4!

I had the usbnetwork and savory hack removed previously. The updates from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 went fine.

I did modify some config files to mess around with the proxy settings etc. ... could that be the reason why the update fails?

My kindle is properly registered and whispernet works just fine.
freezer2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
rdhoore108
Ronny D'Hoore
rdhoore108 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3 wifi
Freezer2k,

I'm trying to update from 2.3.3 to 2.3.5, and I'm having exactly the same problem.
I never did any tweaking... Oh wait, I did the custom screen savers. Hmm....

Did you contact customer service already?
rdhoore108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
For updates to proceed completely, ALL hacks, tweaks, etc. must be removed. AFAIK the updates require the software on your Kindle to be in original condition.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
rdhoore108
Ronny D'Hoore
rdhoore108 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3 wifi
Poohbear, thanks very much. I found the files to uninstall the screen saver hack, and indeed now the update worked!
rdhoore108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
It's a pain - but keep the uninstall files - you'll need them every time there's an update!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote