Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
And how do you break inside to change it?
Right click (on a copy ), open with ... Winzip, 7zip, Winrar

When you are done, you need to insert you change back into the (epub) file
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #17
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
ok, what did I do wrong? I opened it, I changed all three css files from serif to arial and nothing happened.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #18
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If the existing ePub is using serif throughout (either explicitly or by default), the easiest way to update it is to redefine serif to Arial and add this definition via Calibre's extra-css option. The simplest possible example is in my post #3, but you can also define the four font variants (normal/bold, normal/italic) for serif (and sans-serif) the same way - just like post #1 but without the "body" entry.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #19
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
bugger, so I can't just change the word from serif to arial in the css? *sigh*

I don't really want to install calibre
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I don't really want to install calibre
You can add the required CSS yourself. Just insert the "code" segment I referred to into your primary CSS file. You can also change the font name to arial from serif throughout the CSS if you want, but the name has to be exactly the same as on the corresponding font-family definition (and I think this has to be the same as the name in the .ttf file). In this case I am guessing: Arial rather than arial. The basic point is that it isn't enough for the font to be in the font folder, you also need a @font-face entry.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
bugger, so I can't just change the word from serif to arial in the css? *sigh*
You could always try changing the word "serif" to "sans-serif". I'm not sure what the default sans serif font is, but it's worth trying just to see if you like it. (I know that I do...)

Otherwise, follow the directions in the thread. Copy the font files into a "fonts" directory and include the "@font-face" commands in the CSS. The first part you only have to do once, and the second part is easier than the change you already made.

Good luck.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #22
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamzilla View Post
Substitute the font you want to use for Constantia. The directory and file names are case sensitive, so make sure they match what is on your reader. If you use Calibre, you can add this in the extra CSS box and calibre will add it to the ePub's CSS file when you convert the file.

Is there some trick to getting Calibre to do this? I ask, because, after working out what css I wanted by hand editing a test epub, I then pasted the css into Calibre's extra css box, and did a trial conversion. The resulting epub has a stylesheet.css in it, but it does NOT contain my extra css.

Edit: Answered my own question. It is buried in the html. Odd, but it works.

Last edited by jusmee; 12-13-2009 at 10:33 PM.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #23
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Is there some trick to getting Calibre to do this? I ask, because, after working out what css I wanted by hand editing a test epub, I then pasted the css into Calibre's extra css box, and did a trial conversion. The resulting epub has a stylesheet.css in it, but it does NOT contain my extra css.
I found that Calibre isn't inserting the extra CSS code into the CSS file. It is placing it at the beginning of every html file of the book. I wanted to change the font on one of the books I used Calibre's extra CSS option on and ended up having to edit about 50 files. I just use 7zip to open the archive and edit the CSS file by hand now.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:56 PM   #24
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamzilla View Post
I found that Calibre isn't inserting the extra CSS code into the CSS file. It is placing it at the beginning of every html file of the book. I wanted to change the font on one of the books I used Calibre's extra CSS option on and ended up having to edit about 50 files. I just use 7zip to open the archive and edit the CSS file by hand now.
Yes, it's worse than useless because it crashes everytime halfway through any bulk convert job I ask it to do (and yes I have the latest version). It also pops up spurious python errors about tag attributes having no parent or something. Big waste of time.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote