Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Netronix' Onslaught!

Curious news come from the Ukrainian-Taiwanese OEM, according to Lectoreselectronicos.com. Concretely, the kind of news made of plastic, metal, circuits and a special sort of screen.

Here we have the new models from Netronix! I wish the picutres would be bigger.

Here we have their 5'' model, apparently a no-frills reader, though it reads a good deal of formats.

A first 6 inch model, a simple one as well, though it sports 2 GB of internal memory and dictionary capabilites (which dictionaries I can't say).

This 6'' one is more sophisticated, as it has Wifi and Bluetooth capabilities. It is promoted that it allows the manufacturer to include a bookstore of his own so that buying books can be as convenient as it is today in the Kindle.

Here we have a 6 inch beast, with a resistive touch screen,Wifi, Bluetooth, 3G and 3.5G, note taking and bookstore functions.

And the most expected one, the bigger, 9,7 inch reader:

It seems to have all the bells and whistles of the more advanced models of today, plus the flexible screen which can be bent with no trouble.

More information can be found in Netronix' website.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You're just reposting from another forum, right?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You're just reposting from another forum, right?
I've translated the last article of the site's blog (since it is in Spanish) and put it here. Does that go against MR's rules?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I've translated the last article of the site's blog (since it is in Spanish) and put it here. Does that go against MR's rules?
It's not a problem. It's just that I can't find any actual release date in your source. So basically your source copied the contents of the Netronix website. Again, not a problem, but there's no actual news here.

None of those e-reader actually exist. The 5" and 9.7" models first showed up over 2 years ago and they've never actually been released.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
Logseman
Orisa

Actually, what my source considered noticeable was the fact that, until now, they still had their old models on their site. What he mentions is that they've changed the models displayed on their site.
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
Quote:
None of those e-reader actually exist. The 5" and 9.7" models first showed up over 2 years ago and they've never actually been released.
Although they're not actually released as yet I'm pretty sure the 6" inch models are being going to be used by Pocketbook for their new readers the 600's. Hey I think your site has links to the videos also

Pocketbook 602 video link: http://armdevices.net/2010/06/08/pocketbook-602/
Pocketbook 601 : http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...tal-show-2010/

Maybe by Netronix posting the new readers on their website other ebook readers companies will announce new readers. Kinda like saying their products are now available for other companies not just their main customers
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini View Post
Although they're not actually released as yet I'm pretty sure the 6" inch models are being going to be used by Pocketbook for their new readers the 600's. Hey I think your site has links to the videos also

Pocketbook 602 video link: http://armdevices.net/2010/06/08/pocketbook-602/
Pocketbook 601 : http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...tal-show-2010/

Maybe by Netronix posting the new readers on their website other ebook readers companies will announce new readers. Kinda like saying their products are now available for other companies not just their main customers
I know for sure that the 602 is a Pocketbook design (from before the merger). Also, it's not on the Netronix website.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
Quote:
I know for sure that the 602 is a Pocketbook design (from before the merger). Also, it's not on the Netronix website.
Doesn't the Netronix E60810 looks a lot like the 602? At least it does to me.
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini View Post
Doesn't the Netronix E60810 looks a lot like the 602? At least it does to me.
There is a vague similarity, yes. Both devices have 6" screens and they both have buttons.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #10
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
the 602 is built from the Netronix EB600 "Cookie" design that was available for the last year or 2

now they are showing new designs
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
the 602 is built from the Netronix EB600 "Cookie" design that was available for the last year or 2

now they are showing new designs
No. The EB600 has always been their base model (Pocketbook 301+, Cybook Gen3, etc). Check the Internet Archive if you don't beleive me.

Also, there were only three 6" e-readers on Netronix's website for most of 2008. The other 2 were Wince models (they never appeared anywhere that I could find). Curiously enough, the EB-500 that was shown in 2008 looks a lot like the PB360.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #12
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I remember very well what was on their site. The Cookie was on there for a long time. Along with 2 other versions called

Grace

Swiftie

. They differed by OS and by connectivity and touch They we're all labeled EB600 for a time.

EDIT: i may have the pictures mixed around. I cant find the original page which described each and there was also a version of the what i have labeled as Grace , which had a keyboard

And the original design for the PB 602 was the one below

Looking at my emails with Netronix at the time i found I still have aPDF from around the middle of last year showing some designs including the early EB500 which looked like the first designs for the PB360. I've attached it.

It in fact was PB's design which grew from the russian forum. My emails from June of last year confirm that
Quote:
As to your questions, EB500 is a monopoly customize product of our client so this model is not available for selling. If you are very interesting in this size, you could choose to open a new tooling and housing for your project.
Thats why it was later removed. It was only for PB and not for general sale. The design the Opus uses is/was the design for sale to other brands.

Re-watch the video by Charbax from Computex 2009

You'll see the final design for the PB360 shown(albeit with the Netronix firmware) as well as the EB600 Cookie design and the others. I remember it well because that's what started me down to the path to actually opening my webstore.

It wasnt 2 years though it s only been a little over a year since those designs were first put on their site.

edit part deaux: my memory is not as clear as I thoguht but with more email reading its clearer. At one point around June of 2009 Netronix was labeling two identical looking devices as Cookie and Grace. The differences were that Cookie was to be sold to companies that wanted to have it connect to their store exclusively. Grace was to be wifi etc. without touch panel and lock in etc

They have applied those labels (cookie,grace and swiftie) to several different designs including some that were meant for Mentor only
Attached Files
File Type: pdf e-reader overview netronix.pdf (746.8 KB, 584 views)

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 07-24-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #13
Dulin's Books
Wizard

i wonder what became of Netronix's plans for Android?
Old 07-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #14
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Just looked for recent news about Netronix and found this interesting bit

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_...usiness_TAIWAN

I wonder which design that is?
Old 07-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I'll send you a link. (I haven't posted on it yet.)