Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Beginning or Ending?

So - which is harder for you to write? I have no problems writing my opening hooks. I always seem to have problems with endings though. I'm looking over Beyond the Black and prepping it for distribution tonight.

It's never easy to wrap everything up in a neat little bow. Personally, I think all my endings fall flat.

But that's probably just my inner critic talking.

Now the question is - - which ending do I upload?
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Beginnings are much easier. So much possibility, so much yet to still to discover (I don't plan) and I used to have problems with endings until I realized just what an ending is: the answer to the beginning. It's either a yes or no if you want the fiction to have closure, and maybe if you want to leave it open.

Example:

Story begins with a man discovering his wife dead on the floor of their apartment. Police arrive, blame man. He's taken to prison and vows to find the killer.

So the beginning asks a question: will the man discover the killer of his wife? The ending is yes, no or maybe depending on what effect you're going for.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
MoeJoe - I love it. That's probably the best and most succinct answer I've heard. It really puts things into perspective and makes it seem a little easier.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
J. Dean
Author: Clade Josso
J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Tend to agree, beginning is easier.
J. Dean is offline   Reply With Quote