Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
Overdrive oddity

I was wondering if anyone has run into this problem before or if anyone might have some knowledge of what's going on.

I was browsing my library for Steven Brust's Taltos series. My library didn't have any of his ebooks, but Overdrive listed some from this series as well as a few of his other titles. So I recommended that my library get one of the Taltos books I hadn't read yet. Now my library has been pretty darn good about purchasing things I've requested, (I was actually hoping they'd get the whole series) so I went back a couple weeks later to see if it was in. Not only is it not in, but all his books seem to have been removed from the Overdrive catalog entirely. I've tried several searches using name, title, other titles, etc and nothing shows up.

Anyone know what might have happened? Does anyone else have Brust ebooks at their libraries?

ETA: Okay, I can see his books at search.overdrive.com, but not when I look at them through my library portal. And I can't see a way to recommend them through the search. This is so weird.

Last edited by stormcloude; 11-14-2013 at 06:58 AM.
stormcloude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
The so-called search function in Overdrive is worthless...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert