Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star
PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Reader on PC
There is Strangeness in the Universe

As some of you know, besides being an author of a fairly well-received thriller, Falling Star, I am also a cartoonist.

I started cartooning at age sixty-three, when I was told to sit quietly over a weekend while my cardiologist and family fussed over whether I was about to blow some pipes. They said I couldn't pick up anything heavier than a pencil. At the same time, I read an article by some Australian astronomers that there has to be a parallel universe filled with strange matter in order for our own fragile universe to maintain cosmic balance.

So as I sat in my attic office, pondering what this alternative universe might be, it dawned on me! It had to be a wonderful place where trees talk, leaves face their mortality, animals find a voice, and even the wackiest stunts pulled by our fellow homo sapiens are accepted as ordinary. So with a No. 2 pencil in hand, I started to explore this new galaxy.

I started first posting my cartoons on a local community message board and was asked by the New York Times to regularly contribute to their eNewspaper, The Local. One of my cartoons even made it into the print edition!

Since then, I have been regularly posting my cartoons on my cartoon blog at http://strangenessinuniverse.blogspot.com.

Because my cartoons are done in landcape, I am not sure how to format them for Kindle (they would be too small for reading), my first collection had to be done as a POD.

The first collection of cartoons from There is Strangeness in the Universe is now available as a POD for the price of $10.95 from CreateSpace through my eBookstore. The book should be available on Amazon soon as well. I am offering an introductory discount of $2.00 off the list price until May 15, 2011, when the book is ordered from my eBookstore. Unfortunately, Amazon does not have a facility for discount. to take advantage of this offer, go to my eBookstore, order the book and use the discount code of PDGR83ZP. Thank you.

[Image too large - MODERAT0R]

[Image too large - MODERATOR]

This is just a special note and discount for followers of my cartoon thread.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-06-2011 at 12:37 PM.
PhilipChen is offline   Reply With Quote