Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #31
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo
We're up to six days in a row, no newspapers at all, not even ones delivered late.
thepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #32
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

Before this latest round of problems, was the subscription delivery adequate? I just started subscribing again a couple of weeks ago (I cancelled my earlier subscriptions in January because I didn't yet have a WiFi Kobo and was too lazy to keep hooking up to my computer every morning). There were certainly some problems in the early going, but they seemed to have cleared them up. I have no idea, however, how things were going between February and October.
Mememememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #33
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

The "normal" newspaper delivery had my Toronto Star available for download by 7am every day. That's too late to have it ready before I catch a bus in the morning, but available by the time I make it downtown. Good and consistent from June through most of October.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:22 AM   #34
thepossum
Zealot

Seven days, no newspapers
Old 11-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #35
Mike P
Mike P began at the beginning.

No New York Times for the same time period and when I try to sync I get an "Unknown Error" message, however the wifi works as I am able to connect to the store and use the browser with my Kobo Touch. On a separate note, I was surprised to find out that my newspaper subscriptions do not download to my Kobo Vox (or at least have not thus far).

Other than the "we are working on this e-mail" of few days back, I have not heard anything new. It would help to have some idea of what is happening and a time frame for a resolution to these issues.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #36
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

Another day, another non-delivery.

And nothing but silence from Kobo.

What a bush-league company.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #37
thepossum
Zealot

Progress! Finally! Sort of...

I started my iPhone Kobo app just now, and the 10 issues of Toronto Star dated October 24 thorough November 2 re-downloaded. I suppose that's at least a TINY bit better than when they were all deleted from my library.

Still no new issues for the last 8 days (Nov 3 - Nov 10) yet though.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #38
Mememememe
Connoisseur

My Touch is currently downloading just about every issue of everything I've subscribed to -- it's been going on for quite a while now. I'll have no idea until it finishes whether I have the new issues or not.

This must be tied to the other problems they're having with people's book libraries disappearing. Apparently they've been trying some fixes today and they expect the good times to be intermittent ... so don't expect the current progress to be the end of the horror. Still, at least we know someone's awake and actually trying to resolve this. I'm not certain that was the case before today.

Last edited by Mememememe; 11-10-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #39
Mememememe
Connoisseur

Still nothing, and I can no longer sync my reader or my desktop.

The kicker is that I can't even access my account anymore, so I can't cancel my subscription.

It's a combination of incompetence and bad customer service. Or at least, that's what it was until now. If they're going to take my money and not allow me to cancel my subscription, well, that's called theft.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #40
thepossum
Zealot

Ten days, no new issues downloaded.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #41
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finally got a National Post today (Saturday). It was late - no idea how late, but I checked this morning after 9am and it wasn't there, but it was 4 or 5pm tonight. At least it's a step in the right direction. Have to see what Monday brings.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #42
Mememememe
Connoisseur

I just downloaded my Saturday Globe now. No doubt they'll expect me to pay for it, even though it was not there as of yesterday afternoon.

At the very least, hopefully this means the subscription service is working now. But after weeks of bad will built up by the indifference of their customer service department -- including the Kobo end of customer service -- it's likely I'll be dropping these subscriptions when I get my new Kindle.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #43
Mememememe
Connoisseur

And now I see that I'm scheduled to be billed on the regularly scheduled date. So much for extending my subscription.

What a bunch of crooks.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #44
thepossum
Zealot

OK, now I'm slightly more pissed than I was before. In order to save my battery on my Kobo Touch, I've only been syncing on my iPhone. I am getting NO new issues showing up on there since November 2. I had tried syncing once to my Kobo Touch on Saturday morning, but there were no papers available.

Having read your last message, I synced on my Kobo Touch today and it downloaded three days' Toronto Star: Nov 12, 13, 14. I re-resynced on the iPhone and STILL no new issues showed up.

Is anybody else showing this same disconnect on their iPhone app?
Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #45
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had an e-mail from support this morning that they are still working on getting papers back up and running properly. The good news is that my scheduled bill date was Saturday and they haven't charged me yet, so maybe they haven't changed the date and are waiting until they have it running properly to reset it (ya I'm an eternal optimist).

And no paper as of 9:15 this morning.

Last edited by robko; 11-14-2011 at 09:12 AM.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote