Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #46
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
so this was the first trip with the titanium knee. not only did I get the super dooper scanner, I was then wanded and then patted down. they asked if I wanted to do it in a private room. I told them not on your life!!!! (if I'm going to be buggered over by the TSA, I want EVERYONE watching!)
oh oh [jumping up and down, waving hand in the air] me, me, I wanna watch....
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #47
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Reminds me of the incident of Dianna Ross at Heathrow - had so much metal on her jumpsuit she had to be patted down.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #48
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
oh oh [jumping up and down, waving hand in the air] me, me, I wanna watch....
there was indeed an audience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Reminds me of the incident of Dianna Ross at Heathrow - had so much metal on her jumpsuit she had to be patted down.
it's more of a stroke actually
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:46 AM   #49
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The "stroke" Ross gave back to the security guard was more of a bitch slap!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #50
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
The "stroke" Ross gave back to the security guard was more of a bitch slap!
hmmmm well they tell you everything they are going to do before they do it so there are no surprises!
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #51
poohbear_nc
Now what?

I had a run-in with airport security - and nearly got strip searched. I had emptied my pockets, taken off my belt, glasses, etc. - but was still setting off the metal detector. They asked if I had surgical implants, pins, etc - but I don't. I was standing there in the middle of the area, shoeless and with my pants pockets turned out - still registering positive. The guard in fatigues carrying a rifle was heading over to us. It wasn't looking good for me. Then I finally realized the problem. I have tremendous sinus problems when I fly, so I always carried Sudafed with me. I had one Sudafed tablet in its plastic bubble with a foil back on it jammed in the corner of my shirt pocket. A square of foil 2 mm by 2 mm was setting off the sensor! Once this was located & removed all went dandy! But it was quite unsettling to see an armed guard unslinging his rifle and coming towards you.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #52
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

yeah, the wands are MUCH more sensitive than the walk through scanner. every little metal bit on a bra registers, and they have to pat down any place that beeps. lots of boobie strokes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #53
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Related stuff (check the comments) from Bruce Schneiers Blog.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #54
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachwanderer View Post
Related stuff (check the comments) from Bruce Schneiers Blog.
what a sad comment on the part of the TSA guy. but it is indeed true, not a lot of upward mobility in that job.

I forgot to mention! I had picked up a couple of packs of matches (didn't even know that anyone set them out anymore!) at one of the places we were at. I had forgotten and left them in my purse. even with all of the increased scrutiny and so on.... they weren't found
Old 05-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #55
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
One example of "ogling our privates..."
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #56
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Yeah, if I'd been in security that would have been my excuse!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #57
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Yeah, if I'd been in security that would have been my excuse!
Just itchin' for a "wardrobe malfunction", aint'cha?
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #58
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Now that sounds much more enjoyable for all concerned.

Quote:
...every little metal bit on a bra registers, and they have to pat down any place that beeps. lots of boobie strokes
Yes, definitely more enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK2111 View Post
One example of "ogling our privates..."
You've got it backwards - that's a private oogling, not oogling privates
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #59
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK2111 View Post
Just itchin' for a "wardrobe malfunction", aint'cha?
When you have a pug, they happen all the time. Norton thinks it's the funniest thing in the world to pull my pants down.

Blasted bat-faced bull-dog wannabe!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #60
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
When you have a pug, they happen all the time. Norton thinks it's the funniest thing in the world to pull my pants down.

Blasted bat-faced bull-dog wannabe!
how the hell are you wearing your pants that the pug can get them down!?

Tags
a happy_terd production