Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #31
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I know the difference between "who" and "whom".
Wow, that's impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
I, erm, Klaatu Barada Niktu!
I always thought it was Nikto

... and I'm fluent in Javascript as well as Kilingon. So there!
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post

I always thought it was Nikto

it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaatu_barada_nikto
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #33
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I know the difference between "who" and "whom".
From Raymond Chandler's "The Lady in the Lake":

Quote:
“One moment, please. Whom did you wish to see?”
Degarmo spun on his heel and looked at me wonderingly. “Did he say ‘whom’?”
“Yeah, but don’t hit him,” I said. “There is such a word.”
Degarmo licked his lips. “I knew there was,” he said. “I often wondered where they kept it.”
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #34
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
At 117,572 karma Patricia you'd figure they would have ran out of fortunes by now.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #35
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
At 117,572 karma Patricia you'd figure they would have ran out of fortunes by now.
but no, she's an endless font...

so if you even need a new one for your ebook reader you now know who to ask.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #36
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
I am too mature ( and smart ) to respond to such a blatant attempt at entrapment.
Unfortunately, I'm stuck with a head full of some really, really nasty imagery.
what!? the 's were there just like any rodeo. all safety precautions were met. it certainly wasn't one of the biggest bulls that were ridden that day!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #37
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Let me play with you.
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #38
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I once killed an evil man, with just a jelly doughnut, a wicked, techno beat, some railway-spike stilettos and a salacious sashay in a sequinned dress to die for.

But enough about me. What's this thread about again?
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #39
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I once killed an evil man, with just a jelly doughnut, a wicked, techno beat, some railway-spike stilettos and a salacious sashay in a sequinned dress to die for.

It's about you understanding the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation.

And about I succesfully navigating the Paris bus system.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #40
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ahh, Henderson-Hasselbach...isn't that something to do with how Bigfoot cooks spuds.

Doesn't the Paris bus system navigate you (just like in Russia)?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #41
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
What???????? Huh????????????
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #42
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
what!? the 's were there just like any rodeo. all safety precautions were met. it certainly wasn't one of the biggest bulls that were ridden that day!
Typical woman. Always complaining "The bull wasn't big enough!" Not one thought for the bull's feelings.

By the way, the images in my head just went from nasty to obscene. CLOWNS?!?
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #43
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I just dropped back into this thread -- bulls? clowns? kindlekittens? safe riding?

My mind is spinning! This is better than drugs! (dashes off to get cold drink & some nachos)
Will there be a video soon?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #44
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Thread? Who cares about the thread? Tell me more about you. What color was the dress?
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #45
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I just dropped back into this thread -- bulls? clowns? kindlekittens? safe riding?

My mind is spinning! This is better than drugs! (dashes off to get cold drink & some nachos)
Will there be a video soon?
NACHos...yum. Almost as tasty as am/pm chicken burgers.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a happy_terd production