Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 11:22 PM   #16
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
I decided to give mine a second chance, and I've still got my red 600.
Really Janet, what made you change your mind? I'm still impatiently waiting for the PRS-2121. I still have my PRS-505 and Kindle 2, and still very impatient to get my hand on the PRS-2121!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #17
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Really Janet, what made you change your mind? I'm still impatiently waiting for the PRS-2121. I still have my PRS-505 and Kindle 2, and still very impatient to get my hand on the PRS-2121!
It was just so pretty and red! I just couldn't send it away...
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #18
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'm still waiting on mine from Sony Style...
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #19
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
For those asking about the ease of turning pages with the 600, I find it very easy to turn pages. At first I was using the meaty part of my thumb and would occasionally get no response from the screen. Then I realized that since the stylus works for turning pages then my fingernail should work as well. I began doing this last night and the results are much better. You don't need to swipe from one side to the other side, just perform a movement covering about 1 inch and the screen will react. The screen seems pretty sturdy so that normal fingernail use won't damage or scratch as long as you aren't hitting the screen hard.

The pages turn are very quick. Much quicker than my 505. Moving between menus is fast and using the on screen keyboard for typing is very responsive.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #20
stygian
stygian began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2, sony prs-600 (prospective)
Thank you, everybody for answering our questions. I gather that page turning is quite comfortable on the PRS-600 and won't be a problem at all. I'm looking forward to to seeing it soon in one of the local stores
stygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #21
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Waiting on mine. Got my tan cover today from SonyStyle.
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
bavardage
Enthusiast
bavardage began at the beginning.

Device: none
Got my black 600 on pre-order from WHSmith (UK). Not dispatched until the 17th long wait long wait.
bavardage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #23
Beanski
Beanski doesn't litterBeanski doesn't litter

Device: K3, K4, iPad
I'm in the same position as bavardage, though I pre-ordered my PRS-600 from Waterstone's, mainly because it arrives a week earlier! It's £249 as opposed to £219, but I found a 10% off code (googled for it ) and together with the points I will make (about a tenner's worth), the difference is minimal.

Beanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Would've been nice if this was turned into a poll.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #25
spirit_wolf
_^^~
spirit_wolf is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad 2, PRS-505, PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
It was just so pretty and red! I just couldn't send it away...
Now there's an honest answer.

I ordered a black 600 from ABT.com. Scheduled to arrive next week.
spirit_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #26
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit_wolf View Post
Now there's an honest answer.

I ordered a black 600 from ABT.com. Scheduled to arrive next week.
I got minee!!!!!
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #27
aeoro
aeoro began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Mine just came from UPS! It's charging now. I can't wait to try it out!
aeoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #28
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
If you don't have yours from SonyStyle Canada yet you will be waiting until third week of September according to the guy I talked with on the phone this morning.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #29
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
After some moderate usage, I feel that I may return my PRS-600, I find the usage compared to the PRS-700 to be a little more awkward... (Where is the back button?)

Well, I'll give it a few more days, if I still don't like it, might just return it back to Crutchfield since they have a pretty good warranty policy.
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #30
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi View Post
After some moderate usage, I feel that I may return my PRS-600, I find the usage compared to the PRS-700 to be a little more awkward... (Where is the back button?)
In most screens the back button is in the top left corner of the touch screen next to the Title of that screen. Makes sense they would make it a soft button rather than a hard button. Took me a day before I found it for the first time.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote