Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #31
lack
Zealot
lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.

Device: PRS-650
yes it is.
But you advise against buying it. seriously, 30 bucks for a usb ac adapter?
in my country they don't cost more than 5 bucks. Even here in Japan I can probably get a decent for about 10 bucks.
lack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #32
MinVic
MinVic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Does anyone knows if the japanese PRS-350 works with Calibre?
MinVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #33
MinVic

Does anyone knows if the japanese PRS-350 works with Calibre?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #34
mrkapawutzis
Enthusiast
mrkapawutzis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lack View Post
yes it is.
But you advise against buying it. seriously, 30 bucks for a usb ac adapter?
in my country they don't cost more than 5 bucks. Even here in Japan I can probably get a decent for about 10 bucks.
Thanks for pointing that out. I was able to borrow an ac adaptor from a friend so I saved myself some money
mrkapawutzis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #35
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Might have to pay a visit to UmeYodo tonight.
Not interested in buying one, though, my kindle3 does everything I need it to do.
Anyway, let's hope Sony gets the bookstore right this time, or we'll have another Librie on our hands.

The Japanese publishing houses are going to resist the move to ebooks for as long as they can.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 02:30 AM   #36
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dalliard View Post
The Japanese publishing houses are going to resist the move to ebooks for as long as they can.
yes, the certainly will
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #37
MinVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by injapan View Post
yes, you can
Thanks, Bro!

Do you know if the japanese PRS-350 works with Calibre?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #38
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinVic View Post
Thanks, Bro!

no, I don't, but I can look into it
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #39
lack
Zealot
lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinVic View Post
Thanks, Bro!

welcome, MinVic. Pleasure to have you here ^^

no need for the triple post

Answering your question, yes it is.
My 650 also works flawlessly
Old 12-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #40
lack
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dalliard View Post
Might have to pay a visit to UmeYodo tonight.
Not interested in buying one, though, my kindle3 does everything I need it to do.
Anyway, let's hope Sony gets the bookstore right this time, or we'll have another Librie on our hands.

So that's what they're calling it? umeyodo?

about the ebook store, see for yourself.
http://ebookstore.sony.jp/

The price is good, but I hope it is not just opening price.
Books here are cheap, but eco mindset might just push people going digital.
Every week and then I see people putting heaps of books out for the garbage man to come pick it up.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:22 AM   #41
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Just want to say Hi to other Japanese Sony Reader owners.
Bought mine the other day. I realize this is n old thread, but I am curious to know if you can install external dictionaries and use for lookup like you can on the Kindle. Don't care if it is We-Ei or Kan-Wa.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote