Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Uploading from Library to T1

What is the best way to upload books from the Sony reader Library to the T1 Reader?

On the 505, you simply clicked on the book you wanted to move to your reader and dragged it to the Reader section at the top of the page. But, with the T1, I click on the book I want to upload and try to drag it and nothing happens. I am in the Data Transfer mode so that isn't the problem.

What is the best way to get books from the Library to the Reader?

Thanks

PS: I'm running version 1.1.01.09240 of the Sony Library software

Last edited by MickeyC; 10-16-2011 at 11:30 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
If you want to transfer via the Sony Reader Library, then the best method probably to create collections and add the appropriate books to those collections. Then sync those collections on the "Sync" tab to your T1.

If you want to sync just a handful of books without collections, then Reader calls that Syncing Category Views. Here are the instructions from the manual:

Quote:
You can select items in a category view and sync them with the connected Reader device.
Click one of the categories on the Category bar.
Click an item in the view.
Click on the Action bar.
Select one of the following.
Sync with Reader Device
Sync with SD Card
Sync with Memory Stick
Click Yes when a confirmation message appears.
With this method you have to choose all of your items at once. Each sync rewrites over the previous one. So you couldn't transfer 1 file, 2 flles, 1 more file. You have to sync all 5 files at once. That's because the new software doesn't support manual transfer anymore. It's all sync or nothing. It also means that once you transfer books to your reader with this method that you can't do anything with them on the device (delete or add to collections).

Hence, why I think collections are the best and cleanest method if you want to use the Reader software.

I decided just to manually drag-and-drop files to my T1 via Mac Finder (Windows Explorer) and forgo the Sony software. Then I added books to collections by creating collections on the device rather than through the Sony software. Calibre is another option, although they are still working on updating calibre to support the T1. Right now it's a beta version only. You can follow the status in this thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151786

Hope that helps! My post probably will be a bit confusing until you experiment with the new software for awhile. Good luck!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Again THANKS Bookworm_Girl. That was a big help!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
FYI the latest version of Calibre (0.8.22, released Friday) now supports the T1.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
FYI the latest version of Calibre (0.8.22, released Friday) now supports the T1.
Thanks! I haven't opened up calibre this weekend to see that there is a new version.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert