Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #1
rcdawson
rcdawson began at the beginning.

Device: kindle basic
Calibre fails to send book via AT&T email

I am unable to send email via my AT&T email account. I was able to send email via a gmx account, but I would prefer to use my usual email account.

Here is the response from yahoo.com attempted login. (Yahoo.com administers AT&T email.)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/wizard/send_email.py", line 209, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 182, in sendmail
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtplib.py", line 645, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.0 (#AUTH005) Too many bad auth attempts.')

Log:
connect: (u'smtp.mail.att.net', 465)
connect: (u'smtp.mail.att.net', 465)
reply: '220 smtp.mail.yahoo.com ESMTP ready\r\n'
reply: retcode (220); Msg: smtp.mail.yahoo.com ESMTP ready
connect: smtp.mail.yahoo.com ESMTP ready
send: u'ehlo [127.0.1.1]\r\n'
reply: '250-smtp414.mail.ne1.yahoo.com Hello [127.0.1.1] [104.63.240.146])\r\n'
reply: '250-PIPELINING\r\n'
reply: '250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES\r\n'
reply: '250-8BITMIME\r\n'
reply: '250-SIZE 41697280\r\n'
reply: '250 AUTH PLAIN LOGIN XOAUTH2 OAUTHBEARER\r\n'
reply: retcode (250); Msg: smtp414.mail.ne1.yahoo.com Hello [127.0.1.1] [104.63.240.146])
PIPELINING
ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
8BITMIME
SIZE 41697280
AUTH PLAIN LOGIN XOAUTH2 OAUTHBEARER
send: AUTH <censored>
reply: '535 5.7.0 (#AUTH005) Too many bad auth attempts.\r\n'
reply: retcode (535); Msg: 5.7.0 (#AUTH005) Too many bad auth attempts.
rcdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdawson View Post
I am unable to send email via my AT&T email account. I was able to send email via a gmx account, but I would prefer to use my usual email account.

Here is the response from yahoo.com attempted login. (Yahoo.com administers AT&T email.)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/wizard/send_email.py", line 209, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 182, in sendmail
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtplib.py", line 645, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.0 (#AUTH005) Too many bad auth attempts.')
Basically, the bolded line says it all. Either the credentials calibre is using to authenticate to Yahoo.com are incorrect so you are getting an authentication error or your AT&T email account does not allow the type of authentication you are using. Much like having to enable POP3 and IMAP on your gmx account before calibre could use it.

Please note that I do not have an AT&T email account nor a Yahoo account.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:41 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do have an old Yahoo account. I never use it because Yahoo email is awful. I found to much valid email going to spam and too much spam not going to spam. So I gave up on it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Jon: Relevance? Let's at least get to the second page before extraneous comments are posted.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
at&t, email, fails, sending