Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #5206
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Now you have to show us what you can do with it!

We're waiting.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #5207
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I could show you what my three year old can do with it, but it would probably destroy civilization as we know it.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #5208
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Now you have to show us what you can do with it!

We're waiting.
Oh oh, I just ordered two new toys. A mixer and a guitar pedal.

Can I write-off reliving my childhood against my taxes?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #5209
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Oh oh, I just ordered two new toys. A mixer and a guitar pedal.

Can I write-off reliving my childhood against my taxes?
I should certainly think so. You get a credit for each child in the family.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #5210
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Oh oh, I just ordered two new toys. A mixer and a guitar pedal....
I saw this yesterday and was tempted to hit the "Buy" button until I read the mixed reviews. Now I'm afraid it wouldn't work so well with the iPad. On the plus side, Musician's Friend has it for $232.17 today with free shipping, which isn't a bad price—if it integrates well into the iPad system.

Maybe if it was $232.16.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #5211
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Tech-21 Sansamp Blonde is what I bought. I sold my Fender Blues Deluxe amplifier (just too big and loud for my purposes), but this can go straight through the mixer into the powered monitors with levels reasonable for a three-year old in the household.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #5212
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I just bought this Samson Carbon 49 (and an M-Audio SP-2 sustain pedal) from Sweetwater. At $121.98 for the whole package (including the foot pedal & free shipping), the price isn't too shoddy, but the hardware's certainly nothing fancy. The Carbon 49 features a slot for holding an iPad and the keyboard can be powered from the iPad's battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbon49_beauty_angle1-display.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	106426  
Old 05-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #5213
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

^I am hoping that I was not the cause of that.

Some day we will have to exchange photographs of our study areas.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #5214
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Yes. You were. I was sitting here quite happily not buying anything when you started in on your recent musical equipment purchases.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #5215
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

The Internet has been the worst invention ever for musicians.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #5216
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

At least I didn't buy another $1,500 ukulele this time.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #5217
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Haha. Being mostly a player of piano I am stuck with most purchases being around $1500 and taking up way too much space. I am looking to get an acoustic piano around here sometime, but it was so much fun playing on the old JX-8P while the three-year old was messing around with the parameters on the KiwiTechnics purchase. He actually created some cool stuff, although the desire to have the envelope (ADSR) all pinned to the max was a little too slow developing for me.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #5218
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I have a Story & Clark Studio acoustic piano that's somewhere in height between a spinet and an upright that I bought soon after we bought our first house. My youngest sister and I always liked the hard action of the Story & Clark pianos, perhaps because once you were proficient on them, every other piano was a breeze. Playing one constantly really does strengthen the fingers. These days I rarely get to play it, because either someone's sleeping or the wife is on the phone, but I also have my Yamaha Clavinova CVP-208 electric that I can play anytime (as long as I put on my headphones). The Clavinova is killer. I've had it for more years now than I can remember. I bought it new and at the time the CVP-208 was pretty close to the top of their line. They also had one at the time, the CVP-210, I believe, that was shaped like a grand piano, but I decided that one would take too much room.

The Yamaha Clavinova CVP-208

Wikipedia says the CVP-208 came out in 2003. I could have sworn I'd had it longer than that. Oh, well.

One of the neat things you can do with that Clavinova and a microphone is to run the mic through the piano's gender-bending circuitry. I recorded a duet with myself that way. Funny thing ... as a woman, I sound amazingly like my niece! You can also add choral effects and other neat stuff to the vocal mix as you're singing.

BTW, my Clavinova isn't as pretty as the one in the picture. It used to be, but that was before Crystal decided that the leather covering on the bench and the wooden piano legs looked like tasty treats. Fortunately she no longer bothers it.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-31-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #5219
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I just read "Earth One - Volume One" and it was an excellent read. It's set on a world just like this one, where a young man named Clark Kent is trying to come to terms that he's different from everyone else. While the issue tells the familiar story of Superman, it adds enough twists to make it a fresh story.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #5220
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
I just read "Earth One - Volume One" and it was an excellent read. It's set on a world just like this one, where a young man named Clark Kent is trying to come to terms that he's different from everyone else. While the issue tells the familiar story of Superman, it adds enough twists to make it a fresh story.
I just bought that for my Paperwhite. I was surprised that the "Kindle Panel View" seems to work well on it. I've never read graphic novels on my Kindle in the past because before that feature came along, they were just too hard on the eyes.

Of course, I could have bought and read it in color on my iPad, but seeing the man of steel in a black and white medium suited my present mood.

Tags
man boobs, skippy the bush kangaroo, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness