Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
iLiad go-slow

I'm having an odd intermittent problem with my (1 month old) iLiad, and wondered whether anyone else had this problem. Sometimes when I switch it on, everything's fine, and stays fine all day. Other times it starts fine, but when its been on for a while it starts to go slowly. It's fine reading a book, but loading a book to read takes 30-40 seconds for a book that should take no more than 10. The light flashes for ages before the progress bars on the screen come up. It also takes ages to quit the book. When it gets like this, the only way to get out of it is to reboot, and usually in this state it won't actually switch off -- it will get as far as the closing down message, or even as far as blanking the screen, but the green light doesn't go off, and I have to press the reset button. I only started noticing it after I got a CF card, but I would have thought it that were causing the problem it would do it all the time.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Damn. Seems like this might well be caused by a faulty CF card, I've discovered that about 100 of my books have disappeared! Not only that, but they must have disappeared before I did the last backup, which means I'm going to have to chase them all back to the websites I found them on in the first place. I'm going to try reformatting the CF card, and see if that makes it behave itself; I've only had it a week, so it should be working.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert