Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
Items delelted from Kindle Documents folder still showing on Kindle

I deleted hundreds of books (and their folders) from the library of my KT manually, but the deleted books are still showing up on my Kindle! They are still there after a few hard reboots and I get a "can't open" message when clicking on them.

What gives? Is there some meta data file I have to go into to remove the references of these books so I don't see the title on the Touch permanently? Thanks
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
I deleted hundreds of books (and their folders) from the library of my KT manually, but the deleted books are still showing up on my Kindle! They are still there after a few hard reboots and I get a "can't open" message when clicking on them.

What gives? Is there some meta data file I have to go into to remove the references of these books so I don't see the title on the Touch permanently? Thanks
click and hold to see item menu and try to delete on this.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Reboot.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
When you say "they're still showing up", do you mean that they're showing on the Home Page, or they're showing in the "Archive". If it's the latter, that's completely normal.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I'd have thought it's books in the Archive too (and that just means they are books you've got from Amazon and are available from your Amazon account to re-download if needed), but when I select a book from the archive it asks me to turn the wireless on to download them, it doesn't ever state "can't open"?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I want to know what the OP means by "deleted manually." Sounds like perhaps it was via USB and not via the Kindle.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I want to know what the OP means by "deleted manually." Sounds like perhaps it was via USB and not via the Kindle.
That's a perfectly valid way to delete books. It's the way I always do it.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's a perfectly valid way to delete books. It's the way I always do it.
Sure, it's valid, if it is done correctly. I have a sneaking suspicion that the files are still there somewhere.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Perhaps he means that he purchases books by downloading them to his PC (or Mac) and then transfers them to the Kindle via USB, and that he deleted them from his PC folder, not from the Kindle (I hope you're all following this).

If so, then the solution is to delete them from the Kindle, either directly (from the Home screen), or by connecting the Kindle to the PC, and deleting them from the the relevant folder on the Kindle.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #10
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Perhaps he means that he purchases books by downloading them to his PC (or Mac) and then transfers them to the Kindle via USB, and that he deleted them from his PC folder, not from the Kindle (I hope you're all following this).

If so, then the solution is to delete them from the Kindle, either directly (from the Home screen), or by connecting the Kindle to the PC, and deleting them from the the relevant folder on the Kindle.

Mike
Yep, that first paragraph is what I was doing. I deleted them all from the documents folder on the computer, but the references were still showing up to the books on the Kindle home screen, however there weren't any files there to open. After about 5 reboots they quit showing up on the Kindle. Strange behavior. Thanks for the responses.
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #11
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The fact you mentioned deleting the folders too should have rang a bell..... but now you've left me bemused at how deleting the files from your PC would also delete them from your Kindle! Glad you got it sorted though :-)
Old 03-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
The fact you mentioned deleting the folders too should have rang a bell..... but now you've left me bemused at how deleting the files from your PC would also delete them from your Kindle! Glad you got it sorted though :-)
When you plug in the USB cable, the Kindle mounts as a drive on your PC. You can delete books in this folder from your PC, and that deletes them from the Kindle.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #13
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre

Yes I understand that HarryT. Sorry, I'm probably just being pedantic, but..... so bounce deleted the files from their Kindle while it was connected to their PC, and not the folders on the actual computer? That makes sense now
Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Yes, exactly .