Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
ToC doesn't work on my Kindle

I created a file, and built the table of contents in Sigil. I converted to mobi with Calibre. The go to>table of contents menu item works, and when I tab through my toc the cursor indicates that it's an active toc, but when I click on any item, it always takes me to the first page of the document.

Is this a Calibre question or a Sigil question? or a Kindle question? What am I doing wrong?

(I'm very much a neophyte in this, and still don't know what I'm doing in a lot of ways)

ETA: I'm on a K3. I've read the ToC sticky at the top of the forum. It didn't seem to help.

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 10-31-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: adding new information
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
You don't say whether the TOC worked completely before conversion?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it seemed to work in Sigil. I didn't try it in Calibre. I used the "generate ToC button in Sigil to create the Toc based on heading levels.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
it seemed to work in Sigil. I didn't try it in Calibre. I used the "generate ToC button in Sigil to create the Toc based on heading levels.
Caliber and Sigil tend to agree when rendering an EPUB.
ADE might not render the document the same as Sigil, but the TOC should work on either.

BTW in case you did not notice. In 4.0, the TOC is active. Double click a item and it opens at the correct (anchor) point
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I went back to the epub file in Sigil and rebuilt the ToC - checked it to make sure it worked. Re-imported to Calibre and the ToC worked in the Viewer. Put the new file on my Kindle... and now the ToC works. go figure.

I've decided that all technology is basically magic, and all I have to do to get it to work is to ask my question of experts, and bang! I don't have to do anything, it'll just suddenly work right. Same thing happened with my Word 2010 table of contents in another document. *sigh*

Thanks all for helping.
Advert