Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #31
fsvum
Enthusiast
fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
what about Pocketbook Pro or Onyx Boox , do they have the same feature as Sony's ? just tapping the word and the dictionary pops up?
fsvum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #32
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
The PocketBook has, BUT:
1. if you use the dictionary about 33% of the screen is occupied by the its window, which hides this part of the page. So you have to tab a extra word directly over the dictionary window to make it change place from the buttom of the screen to the top fo screen.
2. The dictionaries they use (two for me, english-german) fail half of the words for me (reading fantasy, Eragon/Inheritance).
3.the touchscreen often hangs for about 20-30 sec
4.the touchscreen oftem fails words in the corners of the screen
5.and you can only use the stylus from the device (loose it and the screen won't work with another sylus. Even when useing another waacom sylus, which is used in the device).

I'm currendly consider a very light reader, which mustn't have a touchscreen, but a coursor to move to the word.
Poorly this left me mainly with kindle and sony, which I both don'T like for ethic reasons.
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #33
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclien View Post
I'm currendly consider a very light reader, which mustn't have a touchscreen, but a coursor to move to the word.
Poorly this left me mainly with kindle and sony, which I both don'T like for ethic reasons.
Checkout Bookeen's Cybook Opus. They sell it off now (as they are just releasing their new product, the Odyssey). 5" screen, very light, put the mobi firmware onto it, get a mobi dictionary (or one from amazon and strip off drm) and there you go.

When my Gen3 was still alive (same firmware) I was very happy with the PONS dictionary I had bought. Never had any better. (The Collin's provided by Sony is good, but not quite there)
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #34
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsvum View Post
what about Pocketbook Pro or Onyx Boox , do they have the same feature as Sony's ? just tapping the word and the dictionary pops up?
I would not recommend Onyx Boox for frequent dictionary lookup. It's a royal pain to use and requires multiple steps.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #35
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsvum View Post
I would not recommend Onyx Boox for frequent dictionary lookup. It's a royal pain to use and requires multiple steps and a lot of times it can't find the word.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #36
Gray_Mouser
Gray_Mouser began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does anyone know if the dictionary of the Kobo Touch is any good?
Gray_Mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:44 AM   #37
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Mouser View Post
Does anyone know if the dictionary of the Kobo Touch is any good?
Not jet. For I'm from germany, I have difficulties to get one. But I guess once you rooted it, you should be able to but dicts by your self.
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, ereader