Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff

Is this any good? I've been thinking of getting a copy from my bookstore, so would like more opinions before deciding c:
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
It's good. It's not my favorite Christopher Moore but it's still worth reading.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
weatherwax
Guru
weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650 (red), Kindle PW2, Galaxy Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
It's good. It's not my favorite Christopher Moore but it's still worth reading.
Ditto
weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would give Lamb a 6 out of 10 stars. Not bad, but not really laugh out loud funny.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
I enjoyed _Lamb_, but I liked _Bloodsucking_Fiends_ better, and I don't usually even like vampire stories.
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I think my favorites would be The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove and The Stupidest Angel (which has characters from Lust Lizard and Island of the Sequined Love Nuns and the angel from Lamb).
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
My first Christopher Moore and I really enjoyed it...enough so that I hope to read another of his books after getting some control of my current TBR list.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
flourish
Enthusiast
flourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura about

Device: kindle NT, Samsung galaxy reverb
It's the only book I've read by Moore so I can't compare it to his other works in terms of quality. However, i really liked it and was frequently quietly giggling to myself while reading it. It kind of fizzled out at the end for me, but all in all I'd give it a 6 out of 10.
flourish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
I loved Lamb! But I love anything that challenges the popular way of thinking about religion. That said, this book certainly isn't preachy, but some points are made.

Really enjoyed Dirty Jobs, too.
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizilla View Post
I enjoyed _Lamb_, but I liked _Bloodsucking_Fiends_ better, and I don't usually even like vampire stories.
This too. If you liked Blood Sucking Fiends: A Love Story you will like the sequels, You Suck: A Love Story and Bite Me: A Love Story,.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote