Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
jayne80
Connoisseur
jayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toys

Device: iphone 4s, ipad 3, kindle touch,kindle PW, kobo mini, kobo aura
KOBO Mini £29.99 WH Smiths (UK)

Just picked up a Kobo Mini £29.99 from WH Smiths, it also came with 20% off accessories for your eReader.

Also available on line.

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/
jayne80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Almost seems a shame not to!
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
I just bought nook touch and now this
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #4
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
As much as I like my Sony PRS350, at £30, I kinda wish I hadn't bought it so I could by the Kobo Mini instead!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Four e-readers is definitely too many, right?
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
You mean, having just two is a bit less?
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I hope not, I seem to have 12 at the moment
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
I hope not, I seem to have 12 at the moment
Ummm... I refuse to count.

It is a bit less this week, though, as I traded six of them for cash over at Books-a-Million (maybe not what I'd have got on ebay, but I didn't have to deal with shipping or listing them).

I ended up keeping the DX (for now), but have considered selling it, as well.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It is a bit less this week, though, as I traded six of them for cash over at Books-a-Million (maybe not what I'd have got on ebay, but I didn't have to deal with shipping or listing them).
Wait, what? BAM has an ereader trade-in program? Any links or more info you can give?
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #10
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
For the second time I regret not being in London anymore (of course there are more reasons outside the eReaders realm)
First, the Aura was available very early and in all three colours in the U.K. And now, such a low price for the Mini! I would have stocked up a couple for future presents.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
Wait, what? BAM has an ereader trade-in program? Any links or more info you can give?
No links. It's in-store here. Not sure if all of them do it, but ours does Wed-Sun, 12-6.

They look up sold prices on ebay and make an offer based on an average of recent auctions. Roughly 50% of ebay price, on average.

You have to make sure your devices are charged up and still attached to your account, so they can check for operation and test speakers, web access, etc. You only need a book or two on it (and I'd suggest one audio file, if your device supports that), so they can test it.

MAKE SURE YOU DO A RESET after they decide to purchase and before they pack them away.

I was told these are shipped off, along with hardcover and paperbacks they are buying back, to their new "used" bookstores (we don't have one of those in our market, as we have a huge used bookstore that is very successful ... and that pays less than BAM is offering - they offer closer to 25% of what they think they can sell it for, sometimes less if in cash).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #12
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Why are they selling them off so cheap?
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #13
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Nothing to do with the UK, but I decided to pick up a Mini a few days back ($60 with extra snapcover) here in Canada at Indigo and the teller mentioned something to the effect that it was going to be discontinued. Not sure if she meant in store, or if Kobo was going to stop production. Or maybe she had no clue whatsoever. Take your pick.

Anyhow...
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
There have been deals on Minis since last November or December. I always thought of it as being a bit of a loss leader.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
KoboWanKenobi
Kobo Mini. eReader N00b.
KoboWanKenobi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Smile

Hello everyone,

First post, very new to the ereader game. Been umm'ing and ah'ing for a while on getting one, was leaning towards a Kindle because I have been using the app on my tablet/ipad/phone etc for a while now.

But, when I saw the Kobo Mini was on SALE for a tiny sum of £29.99 I couldn't resist myself. Checked up on some reviews etc and seems like a great gadget. And oh I bought mine from Argos, same deal £29.99 and discount on accessories, although I didnt get any. Just connected it and setting it up. Cant wait to get reading in Hyde Park! Praying for sunshine!

PS: If you can wait (unlike me) you can buy from ASDA direct for £25.00, and save even more (+ £2 delivery).

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-15-2013 at 03:28 PM.
KoboWanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote