Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #16
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Do you mean the metadata editor? Also, is Sigil translated or is it in English? If translated what language?
Yes, in the metadata editor.
Sigil in spanish.

And.....

About the spell check.

It's possible (furthermore Add to dictionary), incorporate the options: Overlook and Overlook all ?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:00 AM   #17
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Language cannot be changed and it is based upon your system locale. If you really don't want your native language you can delete the appropriate .qm file from the install directory.
That worked, thanks!

Last edited by WS64; 12-19-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 AM   #18
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
About the problem with the dates in metadata editor (Sigil in spanish), with Sigil in english all is OK.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #19
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
I mean highlighting all matches say in yellow so you can scan though and see all matched instances.
Is it possible to use a different highlight colour? I am colour deficient (not colour blind) and find the yellow highlighting dificult to see on screen.

I cannot see some yellow highlighting on paper documents at all.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #20
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
I've looked around a bit more, so here are some additional comments (possibly a repeat or two, and possibly unrelated to the beta). Running on Ubuntu 11.10 using latest compiled source:
  • F&R - no warning/dialog is shown if you try Count/Find/Replace in Book View mode with Look set to All HTML Files - it should notify you that only the current file is checked
  • F&R - hitting return does not search for the word shown in the Find box. Open the F&R box and type a word to search for then hit return. Close the F&R box. Highlight a different word at the top of the file in Book View mode. ctrl-f (highlighted word goes into the Find box). Hit Return -> it searches for the last text you typed in the Find box and not what was shown in the box. The highlighted word does go into the Find history though.
  • Replace next incorrectly replaces the first found word but works correctly on the 2nd and later matches. In Book view click at the top of the file. Open F&R and enter a find/replace word set. Click on Replace Next. The first occurrence of the word is replaced (wrong) and the second is highlighted. Click Replace Next again and the highlighted word is replaced and the next occurrence is highlighted (ok). It works ok when it replaces next across files though.
  • Replace previous does not leave the cursor at the start of the replaced word. Replace next correctly leaves it after so that if you replace hi with hi1 and keep doing it it will stop correctly for Replace Next, but for Replace Previous it will just keep replacing the same word.
  • Edit->Insert Existing File should be Edit->Add Existing File(s) - since this is consistent with right click in the book browser and the heading of the Add File dialog - e.g. it doesn't insert a picture like insert a file, it adds it to the book browser
  • The tooltip on the Insert Image icon says "Choose an image from the disk and insert it into the text. You can select and thus insert multiple images at once." but since you aren't selecting the image from the disk - its from from the book browser - it should say something like "Choose image(s) from the book browser to insert into the text. Use Edit->Add Existing File(s) to add images to the book browswer."
  • In book view you cannot click/double-click on an image to select it - therefore you can't easily delete it with the delete key, and you can't select it and switch to codeview to be place at the image's location
  • Images are not resized when you use the zoom slider
  • Undo does not work for split at chapter marker or split chapter
  • The Book View/Split View/Code View seems to be dependent on the last state of a particular file instead of your current settings. So if you open a file and set code view, then go to another file and set book view, when you go back to the other file you are in code view again. Now this may or may not be a bug. Personally I expect that if I've clicked split view, that any file I open opens in split view, not what it was last viewed at. But others may prefer the current behaviour.

Enhancements while I think of them but not v5
  • Is it possible to swap the book view/code view - so that in split view mode the code view is on the left and book view is on the right, or make it user selectable
  • Right click on image to view properties (size) of pictures
  • Drag and drop of images into the text

Oh, I still have that Qt issue where the right click menu and font look different in my compiled version of the source. Personally I blame 11.10 and Unity (though its growing on me it still has a way to go). Maybe I need to nuke my installation.
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Everything's working pretty well for me (On 64-bit Ubuntu and 32-bit Windows), with the exception of that left-single-quote character being persona non grata when searching.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #22
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
F&R - no warning/dialog is shown if you try Count/Find/Replace in Book View mode with Look set to All HTML Files - it should notify you that only the current file is checked
I can't think of a good way to denote that book view doesn't support multi-file searching. A dialog box saying this would work but wouldn't be very clean and I can see it getting very annoying especially as people are switching between book and code views.

Quote:
In book view you cannot click/double-click on an image to select it - therefore you can't easily delete it with the delete key, and you can't select it and switch to codeview to be place at the image's location
Limitation of Qt as far as I can tell.

Quote:
Images are not resized when you use the zoom slider
This should be working and is the zoom is being set properly by Sigil. Unfortunately, this is a Qt issue.

Quote:
Undo does not work for split at chapter marker or split chapter
It never has and won't for quite some time. Right now the undo stack is dependent on the view. Until a unified undo stack is created this operation cannot be undone.

Quote:
The Book View/Split View/Code View seems to be dependent on the last state of a particular file instead of your current settings. So if you open a file and set code view, then go to another file and set book view, when you go back to the other file you are in code view again. Now this may or may not be a bug. Personally I expect that if I've clicked split view, that any file I open opens in split view, not what it was last viewed at. But others may prefer the current behaviour.
What you're seeing is by design. It's been that way since I took over Sigil. I can see people arguing either way. I don't see a pressing need to change the behavior at this time. However, I do think it does need to be reworked to be more intuitive.

Quote:
I've looked around a bit more, so here are some additional comments...
The rest of the issues you pointed out I'm working on correcting.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none
I can't think of a good way to denote that book view doesn't support multi-file searching. A dialog box saying this would work but wouldn't be very clean and I can see it getting very annoying especially as people are switching between book and code views.
The old version warned you when trying to search multiple documents in Book View and automatically switched to "Current Document."

It used to annoy me terribly whenever it happened, but I can say that I appreciated knowing for certain that I'd botched my search attempt... rather than making the incorrect assumption that my search criteria didn't exist anywhere in the book and moving on.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The old version warned you when trying to search multiple documents in Book View and automatically switched to "Current Document."

It used to annoy me terribly whenever it happened, but I can say that I appreciated knowing for certain that I'd botched my search attempt... rather than making the incorrect assumption that my search criteria didn't exist anywhere in the book and moving on.
How about a preference (to inhibit for those that want), and just switchto CV if all is selected when a Find (next) is clicked.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #25
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
How about a preference (to inhibit for those that want), and just switchto CV if all is selected when a Find (next) is clicked.
I'm really OK with however it turns out. I spend the majority of my time in CV anyway. I'm just thinking of the GUI-only non-technical user who may mistakenly think they've searched every file for an occurrence of something.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #26
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
I always wondered, why can't Sigil do a F&R in book view in one file, then automatically switch to the next and do the F&R there and so on?
Old 12-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #27
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
First full run at 4.903

Windows 7 x64

Reformatted my first Guttenberg Press book today, using 4.903, and noted the following: Some may have been commented on already.

The only problems I found had to do with F&R. When in CV doing a global find if you stop and then do a find and replace, when you again enter the original find text, the next find comes up empty. A real example:
Find: blockquote (Count=42)
When first found:
Find: <blockquote class="XXX">
Replace with: <blockquote class="ZZZ">
Reenter: blockqoute
Find next: zero result. Then Count=0
I double checked for typos. I type all the data I will use in F&R in Notepad++ and then do a copy and paste into F&R box.

Suggestion:
When displaying the results of a Count or Replace, it would be handy to keep it simple and consistent, e.g. 21 Found or 21 Replaced and keep the count displayed until the next F&R data entry - don't remove with timer.

Increasing the font size all around the F&R box would also be a boon for those with tired eyes.

Another nice touch would be able to put the F&R box at the top or the bottom of the screen.

Regards - John
Old 12-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #28
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

Now that I know most work should be done in code view I might avoid the issue - might. But I imagine most new users to Sigil will start with the book view and get caught out by this unless there's a warning to say its not really going to do what it says it will do.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #29
sjkramer
Connoisseur
sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
Is anybody else having trouble installing 0.4.903 on a Mac running OSX 10.6.8? I upgraded to 10.6.8 in order to install Sigil 0.4 and so far it's been running really well. But every time I try to install this latest version (I've downloaded the disk image twice and restarted the computer as well), I get an error message reading:

Sigil cannot be opened because of a problem
Check with the developer to make sure Sigil works with this version of Mac OSX, etc.

I can send the very long report that got generated, but I don't want to muck up this thread if this isn't the place to do it. (I can also create an error report, if necessary).
Old 12-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #30
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkramer View Post
I can send the very long report that got generated, but I don't want to muck up this thread if this isn't the place to do it. (I can also create an error report, if necessary).
It's already been reported.
Closed Thread