Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2014, 06:13 AM   #1
Cath
Enthusiast
Cath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014
Filter/Sort combinations

I've finally got most of my books into the correct collections, so now I want to see which books aren't in a collection yet. My ideal view, which I used to have on the KK, would show me a list of all my collections, and then any 'orphaned' books that aren't in a collection yet.

From what I've gathered, to get this view I need to have the filter set to All Items, and then sort by Collections. I have two queries about this:

1) is that right?
2) no matter what combination of 'cloud/on device' and 'all items/books/collections/documents' I select, the order by dropdown always has collections greyed out. Now I know this used to work a few days ago; any idea why the option isn't available now? It's not still busy indexing, if that helps...
Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I have the same problem with my new basic kindle. It has finished indexing, but there is still no way to see which books are not in any collection.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Never mind, I figured it out. The collections have to be starred, you have to long-press on a collection and choose "show in all views". Then choose On Device -> All Items and now sorting by collections is no longer greyed out. And you can see all your orphaned books listed after collections.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote