Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #16
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanm View Post
I've just found this feature in the new 0.7.5 version, and am quite pleased with it. However, I'm not sure how to deal with numbering of both the main series and the sub-series (and the Honorverse books are the main culprits ); any advice?
At the moment, because these new series custom fields cannot be used in collections or file names (that will come), put the most important series for you into series. Use extra series columns for the rest. For Honorverse, I put subseries into the series column and have another column for temporal order, but that is personal preference.
Quote:
Also, is there any nice way of dealing with books which may or may not have a sub-series when sending them to a device or saving them (rather than having to use yet another possible saving format)?
As custom fields cannot be used (yet) in save templates or in collections, I think the answer is 'no'.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote